Single Moms

Featured Posts
cowboygal
Why even bother?
March 28, 2013 at 8:26 PM
Grr. Ex actually got his child support reduced. And they backdated it. So not a month after he stood in front of the judge and purposely quit a great job so he would not have to pay, they reduced it, drastically. If I could get him to sign off I would. I mean, I have full legal and physical custody, he never sees them anyway so why make him pay? We are better off. He has seen them maybe 36 hours in a year and half and he told them he had them 87 days!! Umm... NO. And I have it all written down when he called, when he talked to the kids and when he visited and for how long. I have the income taxes for the last three years that showed what he made. I filed for a hearing and when he protests, I will let him know if he signs over his rights (if it possible), then I will waive back child support and all future support.

Replies

• mammabear5150
    March 28, 2013 at 9:06 PM
    My heart feels for you...if I could get my ex to sign off I would. Hes the same ...never sees or asks about our daughter. And barely pays a quarter of wht he owes. I wish u the best stay strong and love ur lil one !
  • Oliviasmom72
    March 28, 2013 at 9:20 PM

What state is he in? How does he voluntarily quit his job then get support reduced? That doesnt make sense. Did he claim he was laid off? the kids are not better off legally fatherless. It is very unlikely a court will allow him to terminate rights, he should not be relieved of his financial responsibiity. Do you mind me asking what he used to pay and what he pays now?

• DixieL
    by DixieL
    March 28, 2013 at 9:23 PM

I agree with you. If he doesn't want to pay for his own kids, and he barely sees them, then he should give up his rights. Good Luck to you.

• plainjane55
    March 28, 2013 at 9:27 PM

I'm confused about the part of him getting his support reduced just because he quit his job. I know a friend who did that and they did not decrease it nor temporary suspend it, he still had to come up with the money or face contempt/jail time.

• cowboygal
    March 28, 2013 at 9:39 PM
    He was making 45000 a year for about 4 years. Quit and moved back to this state. Told the judge that he quit and she said that she had no choice but to set CS with his pay that he was making for the last five years which was 954 a month for two kids. That was in end of November. Beginning of January he went back and asked for a reduction. They investigated and said that with his new job (temp job making 8 an hour)was too high so they reduced it to 253 a month. I just do not see how Friend of the Court can undo what a judge does. I am fighting it. I did not think they would reduce it based on what he told the judge. And no, he sat there and said he quit to avoid paying.
  • mmyof2armywife
    March 29, 2013 at 2:49 AM

I wish I got that... 

I'm lucky to get $150 and he makes $1100 every 2 weeks! 

Quoting cowboygal:

He was making 45000 a year for about 4 years. Quit and moved back to this state. Told the judge that he quit and she said that she had no choice but to set CS with his pay that he was making for the last five years which was 954 a month for two kids. That was in end of November. Beginning of January he went back and asked for a reduction. They investigated and said that with his new job (temp job making 8 an hour)was too high so they reduced it to 253 a month. I just do not see how Friend of the Court can undo what a judge does. I am fighting it. I did not think they would reduce it based on what he told the judge. And no, he sat there and said he quit to avoid paying.

• Mommyto2LilMen
    March 29, 2013 at 7:37 AM
    Good luck.
  • cnkmama
    by cnkmama
    March 29, 2013 at 9:49 PM
    Im going through the same thing. This jerk quit and court is in 2 weeks. but wow you were getting A LOT! See if he will sign his rights over. I wish mine would and he can keep cs as well.
  • cowboygal
    March 29, 2013 at 9:56 PM
    I am going to see if he will just sign over his rights. He told the kids he was taking them to Disneyland or Hawaii. I'm thinking, you bitching about having to pay for braces or child support but I plan on taking four kids and 2 adults to Hawaii? He'll no.

Single Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts