Single Moms

Featured Posts
ShireeCS
What to get my dd father.
December 18, 2007 at 11:27 AM
To start I have a fairly decent friendship with my dd father.  Him and his mom are good to me as they are to dd. My mom is making dd grandmother an Angel for Christmas but I feel bad about not getting anything for her dad.  Do you have any suggestions. 
Thanks
Shiree

Replies

• soflpnclvr
    December 18, 2007 at 11:51 AM
    Have you thought about getting one of those hand plaster kits and gaving your dd make her dad a gift?  I did that for my dd's father and we are not on the best of terms, he loved it.  You could make an ornament with her picture on it as well.  Or maybe a picture frame with a picture of him and her in it.  You could also get family pictures done get a picture of her, a picture of your her and her dad and a picture of you and her and a picture of her and him as a gift.
  • ShireeCS
    December 18, 2007 at 12:53 PM
    I have already done these things.  He also lives in another state.  I have done the hand with a mold of her hand.  I have an ornament with a picture frame that i was going to put their picture in and also one with her handprint.  We had "family" pictures taken when we went to visit them.  I did a collage of pictures of them for Father's Day.  I am at a loss on what to get him!! Help please.
    Quoting soflpnclvr:

Have you thought about getting one of those hand plaster kits and gaving your dd make her dad a gift? I did that for my dd's father and we are not on the best of terms, he loved it. You could make an ornament with her picture on it as well. Or maybe a picture frame with a picture of him and her in it. You could also get family pictures done get a picture of her, a picture of your her and her dad and a picture of you and her and a picture of her and him as a gift.

• youngwidow
    December 18, 2007 at 1:51 PM
    What about a scrapbook of pics that you have that are not in a studio or posed?  Those are the pics you laugh and cry over years later.
  • mommie-marcie
    December 18, 2007 at 1:54 PM
    i got a small piece of canvis (SP?) and some paint donovan painted on it, and i wrote to daddy, love donovan. i also went and go him a coffee mug and a picture frame from the dollar store. i didnt get anything for grandpa or papa. Simple because i dont have the money this yr.
  • soflpnclvr
    December 18, 2007 at 3:35 PM

Quoting mommie-marcie:

i got a small piece of canvis (SP?) and some paint donovan painted on it, and i wrote to daddy, love donovan. i also went and go him a coffee mug and a picture frame from the dollar store. i didnt get anything for grandpa or papa. Simple because i dont have the money this yr.

This is also a good idea.  I had a guy friend who's mom did this for his sons and he loved it.  She got it framed and everything.  with their names and the year they did it.  He treasures it. 
  • melbainmo
    December 19, 2007 at 7:59 AM
    I usually get him scratchers lottery tickets.  But a couple of times I've gotten plain white shirts and fabric paint and let the kids make him shirts. 

Single Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts