Single Moms

Featured Posts
Smileyneni
how did your baby daddy took the news when you told him you were pregnant?
March 24, 2013 at 10:32 PM
What was his reaction? What did he say? And how did your family took the news? And how did your family reacted when you told them that your baby daddy wasn't going to be part of you and your baby life?

Replies

• LifeCafe42
    March 24, 2013 at 11:23 PM
    Mixed emotions my mom told me I had options I told her I was 26 and pregnant and needed to step up, my dad was silent and my sons father said thank you for not aborting . He hasn't been any part of his life so I guess for him that part didn't matter

My family didn't like his father so they were relieved. They vowed to ale his life where he didn't miss having a dad around
  • Robsessed98
    March 24, 2013 at 11:25 PM
    I got pregnant with dd1 on her father's bday. No clue how I knew that night, but when I told him he said I wasn't funny. When I proved it 7 weeks later, he insisted on abortion but finally came around when she was 6 weeks. 7 years later, I got pregnant with dd2 on the same weekend her dad and I got engaged. He knew I was pregnant before I did (denial), so he was excited.
  • raegan1221
    March 24, 2013 at 11:27 PM
    We were married, so it was fine but shocking.
  • ghostcat90
    March 25, 2013 at 12:08 AM

Reaction:  Disbelief on both our parts (I'd been told for 10 years I couldn't have kids)

He said: "It's probably wrong" and when the doctor confirmed it he said "What are we going to do".  This was almost 12 hours after I went to the doctor, so my response was "I'm keeping it, I don't know what you're going to do." and I may have told him to go to hell.  I never saw him again either.

Family:  Very supportive...mom was VERY excited.  We view her as a gift from my sister who died three years ago.  Since she died we've had three new girls come into the family (one by marriage, two new babies).

Reaction to him leaving:  um...overall agreement that I was better off.

• singlemama0905
    March 25, 2013 at 12:12 AM
    I was pissed, he was ecstatic. He told his mom and they both told EVERYONE they possibly could. Then I finally got away and they harassed me begging me not to abort no matter what.

my son is now 2and a half and his dad has never seen him and doesn't pay his child support.
  • NananRaysmom
    March 25, 2013 at 12:15 AM
    Well..both of our kids were planned...so he was happy..
    My family was happy...he was a part of our lives from the start...took very good care of us until I left...and is still a huge part of our lives and an awesome dad...we're just not meant to be together as a couple.
  • jmoore10
    March 25, 2013 at 12:24 AM
    My daughters father told me!! Lol he notice that I wasn't having my period. And I was acting different. My family was very upset. Due to thefact I an the baby of the family. My daughters father has been apart of her life since day one. But as of right now we are going though a tough patch. And my family hates him
  • steviechick
    March 25, 2013 at 3:20 PM

Well, I was married when I told my baby daddy I was pregnant.  It was a shock to him considering we were married for nearly six years when I finally did get pregnant.  I remember my ex was very happy and excited.  I don't remember what he said exactly.  Perhaps something like "Really?!"  I  called my mom and dad first and told them 'Hi grandma and grandpa".  We did the same to my ex-IL's.  My baby was the second grandchild with my parents and the second with my ex-IL's.  Their first was with my ex and his first wife.

• Jenn8604
    March 25, 2013 at 3:23 PM
    He took it fine. He even told his coworkers.
  • Jenn8604
    March 25, 2013 at 3:24 PM
    so glad u got prego anyway :) drs are dumb.

Quoting ghostcat90:

Reaction:  Disbelief on both our parts (I'd been told for 10 years I couldn't have kids)

He said: "It's probably wrong" and when the doctor confirmed it he said "What are we going to do".  This was almost 12 hours after I went to the doctor, so my response was "I'm keeping it, I don't know what you're going to do." and I may have told him to go to hell.  I never saw him again either.

Family:  Very supportive...mom was VERY excited.  We view her as a gift from my sister who died three years ago.  Since she died we've had three new girls come into the family (one by marriage, two new babies).

Reaction to him leaving:  um...overall agreement that I was better off.

Single Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN