Single Moms

Tsmommy106
Dating a guy with kids
March 20, 2013 at 4:46 PM

My bf has 2 kids and we've been together for like 4 years, took a break for a few months last year, but live together. I have never spent time with is kids. He lives with me and mine. He doesn't do anything to change it. He talks a lot but doesn't do anything. She hates me and I'd like to choke the shit out of that bitch. But me hating her has nothing to do with how I would treat the kids. She maybe their mother but they just got stuck with that selfish bitch, it's not their fault. My bf decides to deal with the problems it now causes at home between me and him by not seeing them or not telling me when he does see them. He doesn't seem to realize that just makes more problems. I don't know what to do. I just get so annoyed. It's to the point I don't even like to hear anything about them. I know that's not really right either but him having kids just makes so many problems. I hate feeling like that. I don't know what to do. I feel like I shouldn't have even gotten back together with him again. Now I'm stuck till Aug and I don't have the money to get my own place anyways. I just don't know how to handle this. My ex isn't so petty and selfish as she is.

Replies

• feliciasmith
    March 20, 2013 at 4:49 PM
    Do they have a court ordered parenting agreement?

I'd personally run for he hills, you dont need his baby mama drama
  • paganmommy4
    March 20, 2013 at 4:52 PM

Sounds like my ex boyfriend. His ex wife was a petty stupid bitch. And if he isnt going to do anything about it, you dont need baby mama drama seriously. Ive dated guys with kids, my df has kids but there is no mama drama

• Tsmommy106
    March 20, 2013 at 5:20 PM

They don't have anything in writing. they were never married and just today finally went to court for child support, even though he's always paid it. She just got greedy and thought she'd get more. Haha on her a whole $20. Apparently they can't discuss visitiation at the child support hearing. I'm sure they could discuss child support at a visitation hearing. I don't know even know if I believe that.

Quoting feliciasmith:

• feliciasmith
    March 20, 2013 at 5:25 PM
    Thats accurate. He doesnt seen all that concerned with getting legal visitation, all he has to do is go file an allocation of parental right the attend a few court dates it really simple if both parents actually show up.

Quoting Tsmommy106:

They don't have anything in writing. they were never married and just today finally went to court for child support, even though he's always paid it. She just got greedy and thought she'd get more. Haha on her a whole $20. Apparently they can't discuss visitiation at the child support hearing. I'm sure they could discuss child support at a visitation hearing. I don't know even know if I believe that.

Quoting feliciasmith:

• conniejo75
    March 20, 2013 at 5:28 PM
    If was just a cs hearing they don't address visitation/custody issues. He needs to petition court for custody hearing... and yes they can do both if both are filed together. Basically they can only address what was filed. But if he doesn't want to then that's his choice

Quoting Tsmommy106:

Quoting feliciasmith:

• tottaxi
    by tottaxi
    March 20, 2013 at 7:05 PM

Maybe he isn't bringing them around because he just not that into kids.  How is he with yours?  Devoted?  Attentive?  Or does he just tolerate them?

He could easily ask for a visitation agreement hearing or he and she could create one and file it with the court.  For some reason he doesn't want them around.  Maybe HE is the one that is selfish and she's a bitch because of it. 

Take this time to save some money and when you can afford to make the move, do it!  It sounds as though your gut is telling you that something is off.  Listen to those feelings and trust them.

• Tsmommy106
    March 20, 2013 at 10:01 PM

It depends on the day, he can be really good with him and other times, he's (bf) acts like he's just the third wheel to me and my son. He use to be better in the begining. She won't let him take the kids around me and he says he doesnt want to fight around the kids.

I'm starting to look now. I can't save much money. I buy everything for the house, everything for my son, pay more than half the rent, the little utility bill. I actually somehow had some extra money and just had to spend it on new wheels. I also had to cover his part of rent this month. I need to run far, far away and win the damn lotto. :(

Quoting tottaxi:

Maybe he isn't bringing them around because he just not that into kids.  How is he with yours?  Devoted?  Attentive?  Or does he just tolerate them?

He could easily ask for a visitation agreement hearing or he and she could create one and file it with the court.  For some reason he doesn't want them around.  Maybe HE is the one that is selfish and she's a bitch because of it. 

Take this time to save some money and when you can afford to make the move, do it!  It sounds as though your gut is telling you that something is off.  Listen to those feelings and trust them.

• Lurion
    by Lurion
    March 20, 2013 at 10:49 PM

Given your strong feelings about their mother, he is totally right to keep you away from them!!!

You seem to "know" an awful lot about her--how? Based on what he's told you? 

I would never want my children around a woman who spoke like that about me.  

• kelmia2
    by kelmia2
    March 20, 2013 at 10:52 PM

just dont get pregnant then it will make it a whole lot more complicated!!can of worms

• Tsmommy106
    March 20, 2013 at 10:59 PM

How would you feel about the slut that while he was over there visiting his kids, she went out and he put them to bed. She came home and got naked for him. What exactly would you call her? She uses the kids as pawns. If he wants to see them they can't be around me and he must give her money, more than just his child support.

Also I may hate her and love nothing more than scratch her damn eyes out, I'm not a total bitch that I would ever say shit to the kids or treat them badly because their mother is a skanky ass whore. None of the BS either of their stupid ass parents have done is on them. They're stuck with them as parents. I can just hope they grow up to be better than them.

Quoting Lurion:

Given your strong feelings about their mother, he is totally right to keep you away from them!!!

You seem to "know" an awful lot about her--how? Based on what he's told you? 

I would never want my children around a woman who spoke like that about me.  

Single Moms