Single Moms

BambiEyes26
What do they call him or what would you have them call him?
March 1, 2013 at 4:47 PM

I've had multiple debates on this with family. Say you're remarried or possibly want to in the future, what do you or would have your kids call their new dad?

Replies

• GoldenLinds
    March 1, 2013 at 5:05 PM
    I think it depends on the age of the child. I never taught my sd what to call me. She eventually chose to call me Mimi. Once we were married she chose to call me mommy. If I had come into her life later she would have only called mw by my name. Upon marriage it would be nice if it was modified to mommy lindsay because as a step parent I think that my title needs to remind the chi ld of the respect I am owed in that position and that I love her as a parent.
  • kitty8199
    March 1, 2013 at 5:08 PM
    my dd is 2 has seen her dad once, his family had nothing to do with her.
    My bf now said he's willing to adopt if we marry. She will call him dad. He said that's what he wants to be for her is a dad. He said not right now, but eventually he'd want to be called dad.
  • faerie75
    March 1, 2013 at 5:29 PM
    My kids don't have a new dad. Kids have one mom an one dad. They call my SO by his name. I could see if step dad came around when they were babies an bio dad was totally absent but I also make sure my kids knew that this was not their bio dad. I think lying to kids is hugely fucked up. I know a couple guys who grew up thinking their moms partner was their real da and did not find out until nearly adult and let me tell you it rocked their world. People deserve to know where they come from even if its less than perfect.

Sorry for The rant, I know that was t what you were specifically saying.
  • mynewlife2012
    March 1, 2013 at 7:53 PM
    My DD is four and she calls my BF by his dust name. Until she decides to call him something different but that will be in years and her decision
  • brieri
    by brieri
    March 1, 2013 at 7:56 PM

Depending on their age - it's going to be by his first name.  They can introduce their friends as their step-dad.

• tyfry7496
    March 1, 2013 at 10:07 PM
    Whatever the child and step parent are comfortable with. That would be between them.
  • SpurgeonMom
    March 1, 2013 at 10:11 PM
    IF i ever get serious with someone else it will be by their name the kids have 1 mom and 1 dad
  • LifeCafe42
    March 1, 2013 at 10:11 PM
    Whatever they were comfortable both my son and person
  • Musiq_Junkie
    March 1, 2013 at 10:51 PM
    This.

Quoting tyfry7496:

Whatever the child and step parent are comfortable with. That would be between them.

• Luv.My.Kidz
    March 1, 2013 at 11:01 PM

My kids call DF Daddy. It was their choice, they called him that one day out of the blue. 

Single Moms