Single Moms

BambiEyes26
What do they call him or what would you have them call him?
March 1, 2013 at 4:47 PM

I've had multiple debates on this with family. Say you're remarried or possibly want to in the future, what do you or would have your kids call their new dad?

Replies

• Vsoul0608
    March 2, 2013 at 12:43 AM

My mother and step father got together when I was 6. I have always called him by his name when I talk to him but if I'm introducing him to friends or whatever I introduce him as my step-dad. My kids call him Pappy, they have never met my bio-dad and never will. I haven't even seen or spoken to him in about 10 years. 

I am not with either of my kids' fathers anymore. They both see their dad's though. They call my DH by his name but he's said if they eventually wanted to call him dad he had no problem with that but its up to them. They are 5 and 6. 

• Shy_Dia
    by Shy_Dia
    March 2, 2013 at 12:49 AM
    My son started introducing my now ex as dad... Sometimes he'll call him by that but the majority of the time, he calls him by his name. He knows that's not his real dad... He also refers to his real dad by his name, not 'dad'... His bio dad has never really been involved, and I was with my ex for 5 years.
  • mytrueloveS
    March 2, 2013 at 1:07 AM

His name.  If my son chooses to call him dad, it'll be because my ex is never around. 

Single Moms