Single Moms

labrax
Am I safe on Cafemom?
by labrax
February 22, 2013 at 4:19 PM

While googling, I come across some Cafemom posts on google and other search engines which means that anyone can access/ read those posts.

I have gone to my privacy page to see if there are options for that but couldn't see any. Does this mean that if I post or respond to a post my replies or post can be read by about anyone who searches the net?

If my question isn't clear, here's an analogy. Say, I write a post on cafemom saying my 6 yr old has toothache and someone in china googles, "help, my 6 yr old has toothache', my post on Cafemom shows up on his search engine page.

It's alarming to me. Does anyone know how to ensure this doesn't happen, pls? 

Replies

• lilbit53009
    February 22, 2013 at 4:21 PM

if you post in a public group, a simple google search of your screen name will bring up some of your replies/pics you've posted

• kitty8199
    February 22, 2013 at 4:23 PM
    That's why I'm cautious about what i post
  • sid1083
    by sid1083
    February 22, 2013 at 4:23 PM

This is a public group; anything you post here can be seen by anyone.

• LifeCafe42
    February 22, 2013 at 4:24 PM
    This is a public group always be careful what you post even private groups anyone can apply always on the Internet be careful what you post.
  • Jers.
    by Jers.
    February 22, 2013 at 4:26 PM

This is why I keep arguing with people here about not posting your kids' pics online.  Nothing is private on the internet.

• SnapIt
    by SnapIt
    February 22, 2013 at 4:26 PM
    If the group is public youre not safe

But youre never safe on the internet and what you post anyways even if the group is private

Some crazy ass out there is always lurking for info
  • erinmomofone
    February 22, 2013 at 4:27 PM
    Yes it will but anyone can be on cafemom.
  • Cafe GroupAdmin
    February 22, 2013 at 4:38 PM

Hi,

At CafeMom, we take privacy and security issues very seriously. CafeMom gives some of the best and most comprehensive tools to protect your security. 

Your posts can not be searched by your real name.

Here are some tips on internet security:  http://www.cafemom.com/about/privacy_tips.php

We hope that this information helps answer your questions.  Let us know if we can help with anything.

The Cafe Group Admin Team

• Robsessed98
    February 22, 2013 at 5:31 PM
    Yes, but it will only show your screen name. As long as you have your settings set private on here, noone can track you down.
  • labrax
    by labrax
    February 23, 2013 at 3:38 AM
    Okay, the Cafemom link explains most of my concerns. Wow!

Single Moms