Single Moms

Featured Posts
Knuzz
New to group
by Knuzz
February 18, 2013 at 10:28 PM
Hi my name is Kelly and I'm a single mom of a little boy who I love w/ all my heart! I'd like to say though that it seems to be getting harder being a single mom and I want to give my son everything he should ever have and I'm very scared that I won't be able to do that! How does a mother replace a father? Anyways I do my best and try real hard to keep my head up :)

Replies

• steviechick
    February 19, 2013 at 11:26 AM

Hi, Kelly and welcome to the group. 

You can't replace a male figure in your child's life.  I've learned the hard way.  The father is absent because he chooses to be absent.  My ex is the same way to my daughter.  All you can do is be a mom.  Your child will learn to accept that his father chooses to be absent.  Perhaps there are male role models that your son can meet through school (athletics) or through your local church?  Have you looked into that avenue?

• Knuzz
    by Knuzz
    February 19, 2013 at 11:58 AM
    Luckily he has my father in his life& my brother as well! He's always askin4 his dad and the problem is that his dad will come around every few months and he thinks it's ok! He blames me :/ when I've been more than geniun since he "lost" his phone on the day of my planned c section! ALSO has 2 other children and it's the same story! Idk how he can do this but he can! Part of me wants2 pull him outta his life but.......not sure if that would then make me the reason he doesn't see his son! It's just getting harder as he gets older& I feel bad4 my son cuz he loves his dad!

Quoting steviechick:

Hi, Kelly and welcome to the group. 

You can't replace a male figure in your child's life.  I've learned the hard way.  The father is absent because he chooses to be absent.  My ex is the same way to my daughter.  All you can do is be a mom.  Your child will learn to accept that his father chooses to be absent.  Perhaps there are male role models that your son can meet through school (athletics) or through your local church?  Have you looked into that avenue?

• deltathree
    February 19, 2013 at 12:03 PM

Hi & welcome! :)  You just do the best you can.  It will be ok.

• breebree04
    February 19, 2013 at 12:09 PM

Being a single parent is very hard at times but more than likely you wont always be a single parent. Eventually someone will come along, be with you and help you and step up and be a great male role model for your son. Glad to hear he has your dad and brother for now! Hang in there and stay strong

• easinpc
    by easinpc
    February 19, 2013 at 12:12 PM

Welcome!

Single Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts