Single Moms

Featured Posts
Mini_Momma
Babies without their fathers
February 18, 2013 at 5:57 PM

I broke up with the father of my child shortly after I found out I was pregnant because he wouldn't quit using drugs or get a job. I have been working full time my entire pregnancy. I am having complications and I am not going to make it to my due date and he blames me. He calls me a whore when I ask him for help. I don't know what to do...Will my daughter be better off without him?

Replies

• sthflachk
    February 18, 2013 at 5:59 PM
    Um, if he's calling you a whore...yes, she will be better off without him! Screw him. Do you have any other support? Have you filed for anything?
  • SaraSnider
    February 18, 2013 at 6:01 PM
    Yea my dd has never met her dad. She is 21 months but im scared that i opened a bad can of worms when i filed cs :(
  • brieri
    by brieri
    February 18, 2013 at 6:04 PM

Hi and welcome to the group.

If he's calling you names and he helped you making this child yes, I think you will be better off without him.  Make sure though when baby comes you file for c/s.

• Mini_Momma
    February 18, 2013 at 6:16 PM

no I don't have anyone else. I have no family. I am literally doing this completley on my own.

• Mini_Momma
    February 18, 2013 at 6:19 PM

I know I am better off without him...but is my daugther...I ask to agree to custody and help me and he flies off the handle and then blames me. He won't get a job and always has some new excuse as to why he doesn't. What's worse is his family supports him so he will never grow up. Can I file for child support if he doesn't have a job?

• maia188
    by maia188
    February 18, 2013 at 6:20 PM
    Yes honey you are better off without him. I have been a single mother for 5 years my son has seen his father a few times since he left. I don't talk to him and have no clue where he is I am glad he is not in our lives it would just complicate things. I don't have to worry about any drama or him causing problems.
  • Mini_Momma
    February 18, 2013 at 6:24 PM

I am afraid that she will miss out on so much without her father. I have found a few people that I thought were will to fill that role but then they just walked away. It keeps getting harder and harder to think she won't have anyone to call daddy.

• momma.meg
    February 18, 2013 at 10:17 PM
    yes you can ...once he is 3000 behind in c.s he can get jail time for it....

but with c.s comes with visitation unless y'all agree on something else....but if he gets visitation and you don't allow it you will be in contempt ... really really think about this.... my daughter is 6 months old and in still debating on whether to file or not because ... of my own personal reason I am not comfortable with him having her alobe

Quoting Mini_Momma:

I know I am better off without him...but is my daugther...I ask to agree to custody and help me and he flies off the handle and then blames me. He won't get a job and always has some new excuse as to why he doesn't. What's worse is his family supports him so he will never grow up. Can I file for child support if he doesn't have a job?

• LifeCafe42
    February 18, 2013 at 10:21 PM
    I have very few that can help but we are better off without
  • Mini_Momma
    February 19, 2013 at 7:31 PM

I don't want him going anywhere alone with her. I would want supervised visitation.

Single Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN