Single Moms

Otterpuff
Have to get a new car
February 18, 2013 at 5:55 PM
On Saturday, my car was stolen. It was right out of my work parking lot. I went in at 2p, got out at 915p and when i went out to the parking, it wasnt there. I sat on the curb, called the cops and my coworkers asked what was wrong.

I told them, the cop came and told me my car was in a chase. The 2 guys crashed my car but were bitten by police dogs in the process..lol. While waiting for my car, the police station said if i wanted the 2 guys in jail..yes please. The driver also tried saying he knew me and i let him borrow it.

Today, i went to the impound and gathered my stuff. My stuff was there including my daughters carseat. The car is wrecked! Anyways, the guys left a laptop, a bag of tools (hammer/hanger etc), a bag of their clothes and 2 bags of broken cell phones.

So crazy! Im grateful my stuff was in there and nobody got hurt!...besides them being torn up by dogs lol!

Replies

• Luv.My.Kidz
    February 18, 2013 at 5:58 PM

Will your insurance take care of any of that since it was stolen?

• Otterpuff
    February 18, 2013 at 6:01 PM
    I dont think so bc i only have liability (sp?) but thats my fault.

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

• brieri
    by brieri
    February 18, 2013 at 6:03 PM

Sad.  Hope everything works out.

• Luv.My.Kidz
    February 18, 2013 at 6:05 PM

I would still call and find out. Since there is a police report, these guys are going to owe you (not that they can afford it, but they will have to pay) for a newer car, etc.

Quoting Otterpuff:

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

• Otterpuff
    February 18, 2013 at 6:06 PM
    Thanks, im sure it will :)

Quoting brieri:

Sad.  Hope everything works out.

• Otterpuff
    February 18, 2013 at 6:08 PM
    Yeah, ill find out. Thanks. Im pretty sure they dont have jobs but i also found credit card numbers on a piece of paper that i need to report also.

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

I would still call and find out. Since there is a police report, these guys are going to owe you (not that they can afford it, but they will have to pay) for a newer car, etc.

Quoting Otterpuff:

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

• Luv.My.Kidz
    February 18, 2013 at 6:16 PM

I'm surprised that the police let you have your vehicle without seriously searching for everything.

Quoting Otterpuff:

Yeah, ill find out. Thanks. Im pretty sure they dont have jobs but i also found credit card numbers on a piece of paper that i need to report also.
    Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

Quoting Otterpuff:

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

• Cenedra64
    February 18, 2013 at 6:18 PM
    Wow! I think id of asked the cops let me use their tazor on them...lol...im sweet like that. Hope you can get another car soon
  • Otterpuff
    February 18, 2013 at 6:20 PM
    I know, me too. The guy at the impound was telling me the same o.o

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

I'm surprised that the police let you have your vehicle without seriously searching for everything.

Quoting Otterpuff:

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

Quoting Otterpuff:

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

• Otterpuff
    February 18, 2013 at 6:22 PM
    Too sweet if you ask me ;) lol. The cop did tell me i could have watched the video they had though. Thanks!

Quoting Cenedra64:

Wow! I think id of asked the cops let me use their tazor on them...lol...im sweet like that. Hope you can get another car soon

Single Moms