Single Moms

Featured Posts
Can CS be lowered without my knowledge?
February 15, 2013 at 12:05 AM

Last month I received less in CS than I normally do and this month I've received even less. The amount listed on the CS order is $217.12. Last month I received $200 and this month I've only received $100. Is it possible that my ex had his CS payments lowered, or would I have to be notified if that happened? The CS office has my mailing address and I haven't received anything stating that the CS would be lowered.


  • conniejo75
    February 15, 2013 at 12:08 AM
    That doesn't mean it was lowered. But the difference is just added to arrears.
  • flprincessmom
    February 15, 2013 at 12:11 AM

     you would have been notified of a modification to the would have been notified that he petitioned the courts to modify the order....his paycheck must not have been enough for those payments to be paid in full. It will be added to arrears.....

  • kitty8199
    February 15, 2013 at 12:12 AM
    They can only take a certain percentage of his check and have to leave him with a certain amount of living expenses. There was a calculator online and it said they couldn't leave him with less than a certain amount.
    He may have had smaller checks. He still owes but you won't get it when its due
  • Oliviasmom72
    February 15, 2013 at 1:02 AM

    However child support is based on an annual average income so I'm not sure working less hours would affect it. Child support is usually taken out because the employer gets a wage withholding order. I would call your ex and ask him what is going on.

  • faerie75
    February 15, 2013 at 1:17 AM
    You would have been notified. He's probably making partial payments.
  • breebree04
    February 15, 2013 at 8:53 AM

    When my ex requested his cs be lowered, I was notified and sent the paperwork on when his court date was. Im sure like the pp said they probably just couldnt take the full amount out due to the amount of his check.

  • easinpc
    by easinpc
    February 15, 2013 at 9:14 AM

     I agree with this.  Is there a number for the child support that you could call and find out?

    Quoting faerie75:

    You would have been notified. He's probably making partial payments.


  • Mommyto2LilMen
    February 15, 2013 at 9:21 AM
    You should be notifies if he files for motification. You can always call your child support agency and they can help answer your questions.
  • Robsessed98
    February 15, 2013 at 9:25 AM
    No, it can't be lowered without going through the court and as long as they have correct address for you it wont be done without notice to you. Its possible that he didn't pay the whole amount.
  • momma.meg
    February 15, 2013 at 10:23 AM
    y'all would have to have another " mediation " for it to be disscussed .. it just happened to me... it is just probably him working less hrs.. they can only 50% of his check. Ans that's a last resort

Single Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts