Single Moms

Featured Posts
comicnerd1211
How Long Did You Wait To Start Dating?
February 14, 2013 at 4:53 PM

My daughter's father moved another woman in with them two weeks after our split. I think that's insane.

How much time should parents wait to let their kids meet new love interests?

Replies

• easinpc
    by easinpc
    February 14, 2013 at 5:13 PM

I don't remember the exact amount of time but it was a while.  My sons dad didn't wait very long though.

• Mommyto2LilMen
    February 14, 2013 at 5:24 PM
    My ex was cheating on me with a girl and left his job and moved 2 hours away a month and a half after I moved out. I didnt start going on dates til 2 years later and was about 6 months after that I was in a relationship. You need to do what you feel is best for you. Moving in with someone or moving them in with you that soon I don't feel is healthy.
  • lightoftheworld
    February 14, 2013 at 6:41 PM
    I started dating about 2 weeks later (I left my exdh, I was so checked out).... But my kids never knew
  • faerie75
    February 15, 2013 at 1:31 AM
    There is no set time.
  • Robsessed98
    February 15, 2013 at 9:13 AM
    There is no time line. You need to deal with the breakup and be ready to move on before starting up with someone else, so just wait however long that takes. You will know when its time.
  • Aoliveras4
    February 15, 2013 at 10:10 AM

when the time is right for u....me and my daughters father broke up when i was 5 months pregnant...i started dating when my daughter was born....just one man. my daughter is 10 months old and me and that man are together and extremely happy...loves and respects me and my daughter and understands my daughter and her needs come first.

so whenever u feel u want to date go ahead. dont worry about anyone else's opinions. as long as your baby is taken care of and their needs come first then F everyone else...bc ppl WILL talk. lol

• morethanamemory
    February 16, 2013 at 12:32 PM

Quoting faerie75:

There is no set time.

this, no set time.

I waited a year to start dating again, I am now dating someone I have been friends with for a while and we are giving a romantic relationship a go. Since DD already knew him as "Mommys friend" from when we were just friends I don't have a problem having them around each other when we hang out.

• kmarsh3
    by kmarsh3
    February 16, 2013 at 2:02 PM

It is up to you decide when you are ready. My husband cheated the entire time we were married, and took forever to give me my divorce. He got engaged the same year we got our divorce. I have been by myself since 2010 and no dates even though I am open. I am a very fun person and enjoy being around people, but I think God has a sign on me that says "Do Not Enter!!"  I have not been approached by anyone...makes me sad sometimes.

Single Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN