Single Moms

Featured Posts
kw30
I need help getting any financial assistance. please help...
by kw30
February 13, 2013 at 5:43 PM

I am needing help so badly. I don't know what to do......

The father doesn't want to help until he gets a perternity test with me done.

The government is frustrating on trying to get help.

I am trying to figure out if I can get any help with things like TANF but I am getting the run around.  I tried applying for TANF when I was pregnant and was turned down but I am wondering if it was done wright.

I am having trouble getting tax help when claiming my son so that I can get my son and I a car. I have tried pretty much everything. One of the things that is hindering me is that I am receiving s.s.d.i. due to being handicapped.

There is so much to say and I don't know how much room  i will get.

If you can help please respond to my post and we can talk ether by post, by messaging of some sort. or by phone.

Thank, kiva

Replies

• rsmeyer54
    February 14, 2013 at 3:07 PM

I just love people who are judgemental.  You do not know her situation or know the circumstances of her situation.  Let me point out the ignorance in you statement.  First because she is on SSDI she does not have the same right to have a child as everyone else?  Tons of people have babies that are NOT on SSDI that have babies.  You don't get the right to say someone should or should not have a child.  Secondly you do not know if she purposely got pregnant!  Maybe the condom broke.  Maybe birth control failed her.  Atleast she chose to have the baby.  QUIT BEING SO JUDGEMENTAL!  You have no right to judge anyone's situation till you have walked a day in their shoes!  Now proceed with some nasty comments back to me that I am sure will not help anyone or anything.

Quoting Oliviasmom72:

To this brings the obvious question though on why someone who is disabled and has very little income would have a baby? And if one has a baby, able to physically care for one and carry one, why cant they work, even at home and get off SSDI?

Quoting DieselsMom:

Stop having kids you can't raise!

• Mommyto2LilMen
    February 14, 2013 at 3:31 PM
    This. Good luck hun!!!

Quoting LifeCafe42:

I don't know much but I would apply for everything you can utilize your resources around you
  • Mommyto2LilMen
    February 14, 2013 at 3:34 PM
    Ladies she did not come here for you to criticize her, age came for advice. This group is drama free and shall remain that way. If you can't help, give advice, or just offer support don't reply. Thank you.

Quoting Oliviasmom72:

To this brings the obvious question though on why someone who is disabled and has very little income would have a baby? And if one has a baby, able to physically care for one and carry one, why cant they work, even at home and get off SSDI?

Quoting DieselsMom:

• Delila12
    February 14, 2013 at 3:39 PM
    LOL. Because this proves how great you are at raising kids...

Quoting DieselsMom:

• rebeccadac
    February 14, 2013 at 3:48 PM

WOW!! sorry to see how judgemental some of these ladies are! First do you have shut off notices? if yuo do goto FIA again. If you are not gettinig help you need ask to talk to a super.  In mean time have you gone to your church? Often times churches have extra pots of monies put aside to help their perisheners in times of need.  Are you on WIC? if not look into getting it.  Check onto local food banks.  If you have a Community Action Agency in your area check into them too. Even if they might not be able to provide you with assistance they may be able to direct you to something you have not though of.  Good luck to you!

• HyperMom38
    February 14, 2013 at 3:49 PM

Is TANF the same as temporary assistance?  You need to apply for WIC, medicaid and foodstamps for you and the baby at the department of social services.  They will help you get the child support order because they want him to pitch in and help so they don't have to.  You can also go to the family court and petition for child support on your own without a lawyer and that is prolly the fastest way to get it.  The amount of support is based on a mathematical formula, so all you need is proof of income for yourself.  (He will have to provide his the day of the court hearing.)  They will order a paternity test which they will make him pay for. Then they will award you support.   In the meantime try the food pantries, catholic charities, red cross...

• nikabear
    February 14, 2013 at 3:58 PM
    If you are not working or in school you cannot file taxes. You should however apply for Medicaid, foods stamps, and WIC...You should maybe even reapply for TANF. When you apply for those services they will go after the father for child support just as long as you cooperate with them. I wish you the best and pray that everything works out for you and your kids!!!
  • easinpc
    by easinpc
    February 14, 2013 at 4:26 PM

Here's a bump for ya!

• Robsessed98
    February 15, 2013 at 6:53 PM
    Apply for whatever kind of assistance you come across. There is help out there, you just have to keep looking hard. If you are on SSDI, you should qualify for several programs through DHS. Check with social services. They should be able to point you in the right direction. Google every keyword you can think of. Just keep searching and you will find something.
  • MommyOfTwo13
    February 15, 2013 at 7:18 PM
    I am sorry for the hard times you're going through. I was there. Promises grom tge dad to only disappear when we needed him the most. I started going to school, lived with my mom and was on WIC and welfare. School is hard eith little ones but I did mine online, followed by nursing school in a few months. Dont give up hope and realize that your sittuation is temporary. Dont pay attention to the rude comments. Good luck.

Single Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts