Single Moms

Featured Posts
Newstart1012
Blindedsided
February 5, 2013 at 6:53 PM

I came home from work today to find my mom doing my taxes. She said that I claimed my son as she finished. Then when my dad came home, the story changed. Turns out they claimed my son. Naturally I got upset because we had discussed this a week ago. They said they would give me money when they claimed since theyd get more. I wasn't so sure and said so. Well, today shit hit the fan.

Since I got upset, my parents shut down my life. They aren't sure I should go to work anymore. Basically if I don't let them claim my son...my life is over. If I do, then things are ok. But I just feel so uncomfortable about it. I just have no options. My dad said he would give me all the money they'd get for my son. Last week it was different. So I am so confused.

Does anyone have any advice on how I should go about this?

Replies

• Oliviasmom72
    February 6, 2013 at 7:00 PM

Legally anyone can claim the child. depending on how much support her parents provide, such as cheap or free rent, babysitting, other bills, her parents still might benefit from the deduction and if they allow her to live there, it might be the right thing to do. If you refuse to let them claim then perhaps arrnage to start paying rent and other bills if you dont already. Most of the time living with ones parents financially benefits them otherwise they wouldnt be doing it.

• emilysmom8
    February 6, 2013 at 7:02 PM

How old are you?

Single Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts