Single Moms

gcstar42
Child support question
February 5, 2013 at 11:18 AM

My ex had a child with another girl and they have recently split up. He told me today that she is filing for child support. So my question is does anyone know how this will affect the child support that I receive from him? I only get $450 a month for 3 kids as it is, and half the time he does not even pay that. Has anyone else had to deal with this? Does anyone have any idea how much they will lower the amount that I get for my kids? Will I have to go back to the attorney generals office and do the whole process over again? Oh and when I first filed for child support his other kid was already born so they did take that into account when figuring the amount he owed me.

Replies

• gcstar42
    February 5, 2013 at 4:38 PM

I am not sure I understand what you are saying exactly. They already know how much he pays me (or is supposed to pay me anyways.) 

Quoting brieri:

The court will find out what he is paying to you, unless of course he lies.

• brieri
    by brieri
    February 5, 2013 at 7:56 PM

Not likely, he has to put it on his expense report for the new case.

Quoting gcstar42:

I am not sure I understand what you are saying exactly. They already know how much he pays me (or is supposed to pay me anyways.) 

Quoting brieri:

• LifeCafe42
    February 5, 2013 at 11:24 PM
    I think only if he asks for a reduction
  • gcstar42
    February 6, 2013 at 10:44 PM

What is an expense report when it comes to child support? They know how much he pays because they are the ones that figured out the amount and told him he had to pay it.

Quoting brieri:

Quoting gcstar42:

Quoting brieri:

• brieri
    by brieri
    February 7, 2013 at 3:32 PM

An expense report is one in which each party - has to to fill out (shows how much rent/mortgage, utlitiies, food, car/renters insurance, etc.  it also has a place in there showing how much child support / alimony is being paid/getting paid to anyone else involved not directly related to said case.).  Everytime a new issue comes up with different people each has to show that information, when going through courts.

Have you heard about the guy who is not to be making any more babies because he is $100,000 behind in arrears for all the babies he has made with all different women he's had sex with?  ha.

Quoting gcstar42:

What is an expense report when it comes to child support? They know how much he pays because they are the ones that figured out the amount and told him he had to pay it.

Quoting brieri:

Quoting gcstar42:

Quoting brieri:

• MommaPanda3
    February 7, 2013 at 4:52 PM
    I have a question!! Well I'm not sure if I could get child support, because the father of my baby is not from here? So can I still get child support or no? He is working though. And if I do I dnt want to let him take the baby alone. Because he's told me many times he's going to take her away from me ?? Ugh HELP !
  • gcstar42
    February 7, 2013 at 4:58 PM

What exactly do you mean by he is not from here? Like is he in another country, or just not in the same town or state as you?

Quoting MommaPanda3:

I have a question!! Well I'm not sure if I could get child support, because the father of my baby is not from here? So can I still get child support or no? He is working though. And if I do I dnt want to let him take the baby alone. Because he's told me many times he's going to take her away from me ?? Ugh HELP !

• MommaPanda3
    February 7, 2013 at 5:03 PM
    Oh yea sorry he's from mexico so he has no papers .

Quoting gcstar42:

What exactly do you mean by he is not from here? Like is he in another country, or just not in the same town or state as you?

Quoting MommaPanda3:

• gcstar42
    February 7, 2013 at 11:33 PM

In that case then I have no idea. Sorry!

Quoting MommaPanda3:

Oh yea sorry he's from mexico so he has no papers .

Quoting gcstar42:

Quoting MommaPanda3:

Single Moms