Single Moms

3grls1wildboy
ex issues with custody agreement !!!!
February 4, 2013 at 5:30 PM

so ive posted alotb4 he wont sign agreement bc he wants 50 /50 custody anyway his aa counselor is a lawyer and called my daughter up sat morn cussing her out saying he will take her to court and make her pay alll expenses.. said he will make sure of that if  she dont sign ths 50 50 agreement bc he has every right she has ...it was brutal on her cussing the way he did scaring her ..then ex calls and says in taking u to court mind u theve been cordial to each other ..then  he called her today and said he want to be civil and not go to court just let him have her 2 evenings a week and every other weekend for couple hours and not sing nothing ..hes such a flip flopper she dont know what to do she wanted it this way so i would stay out of court but i need some kind of agreement dont u ???

Replies

• kitty8199
    February 4, 2013 at 6:43 PM
    Tell her to deny paternity then. That seems so screwed up they don't haveto prove they're dad

Quoting 3grls1wildboy:

nope i asked the same thing to lawyer and cop and i asked so u meann to tell me anyone can say there the dad and mother doesnt dispute it they can file for custody lawyer said yes ..theres a paternity oordered but we havent received anything DE really does suck ..

Quoting kitty8199:

That doesn't sound right. That means any guy can just claim rights to any kid. There had to be some paternity establishment

Quoting 3grls1wildboy:

DE and no not married but her lawyer even said when baby is born he has 50 50 rights to baby even wo paternity or name not on bc ,,,,this state is all for dad from what im seeing

Quoting kitty8199:

What state, were they married?
    most, not all states give mom full custody and dad has to fight if not married

Quoting 3grls1wildboy:

should she file what her lawyer drew up for her even thiough he wont sign it ??

so leagally he can keep baby if custody order is not in place ?

Quoting Mom2Phoenix2011:

Have her file and make it go to mediation so not let him have the child until a custody order is in place because depending on where tgwy live he will not have room give the child back.

• 3grls1wildboy
    February 4, 2013 at 6:46 PM

what will that do ?? now hes calling her and saying he wants 50 50 on document but only wants baby a couple hours a week  hows that 50 50

Quoting kitty8199:

Tell her to deny paternity then. That seems so screwed up they don't haveto prove they're dad

Quoting 3grls1wildboy:

nope i asked the same thing to lawyer and cop and i asked so u meann to tell me anyone can say there the dad and mother doesnt dispute it they can file for custody lawyer said yes ..theres a paternity oordered but we havent received anything DE really does suck ..

Quoting kitty8199:

That doesn't sound right. That means any guy can just claim rights to any kid. There had to be some paternity establishment

Quoting 3grls1wildboy:

DE and no not married but her lawyer even said when baby is born he has 50 50 rights to baby even wo paternity or name not on bc ,,,,this state is all for dad from what im seeing

Quoting kitty8199:

Quoting 3grls1wildboy:

Quoting Mom2Phoenix2011:

Have her file and make it go to mediation so not let him have the child until a custody order is in place because depending on where tgwy live he will not have room give the child back.

• kitty8199
    February 4, 2013 at 6:49 PM
    You said if mom doesn't dispute it.

He's probably trying to get something out of legal saying he has 50% but not having to take responsibility

Quoting 3grls1wildboy:

what will that do ?? now hes calling her and saying he wants 50 50 on document but only wants baby a couple hours a week  hows that 50 50

Quoting kitty8199:

Quoting 3grls1wildboy:

Quoting kitty8199:

Quoting 3grls1wildboy:

Quoting kitty8199:

Quoting 3grls1wildboy:

Quoting Mom2Phoenix2011:

• Mom2Phoenix2011
    February 4, 2013 at 6:55 PM
    Like I originally stated it depends on where you are. Where I am police can not force either parent to give the child to the other parent with out a court order.

Quoting kitty8199:

Not necessarily.

If my dd "dad" didn't return her, he'd be charged with kidnapping, and there's no custody order in place.

Mom has full custody unless dad is given something by the court

Quoting Mom2Phoenix2011:

She can talk to the lawyer but there needs to be an emergency court order in place.

Quoting 3grls1wildboy:

Quoting Mom2Phoenix2011:

• xoch86
    by xoch86
    February 4, 2013 at 7:24 PM

Document document document, and go to court. He can say whatever he hangs.ONLY the judge can make those decisions. He and his lawyer can ask and demand all he wants, doesn't mean a damn thing. He's just trying to scare her. I'd press charges on that lawyer for the threats too. Stop answering their calls. Tell them from now on you will only communicate with them through email because of that. 

• 3grls1wildboy
    February 4, 2013 at 8:40 PM

here too has to have court order

Quoting Mom2Phoenix2011:

Like I originally stated it depends on where you are. Where I am police can not force either parent to give the child to the other parent with out a court order.

Quoting kitty8199:

Not necessarily.

If my dd "dad" didn't return her, he'd be charged with kidnapping, and there's no custody order in place.

Mom has full custody unless dad is given something by the court

Quoting Mom2Phoenix2011:

She can talk to the lawyer but there needs to be an emergency court order in place.

Quoting 3grls1wildboy:

Quoting Mom2Phoenix2011:

• 3grls1wildboy
    February 4, 2013 at 8:42 PM

lawyer said she will look bad in court if she knows hes the father but still wants paternity said judge will see that shes trying to prolong case ..but fo cs has to have a paternity system is screwd up

Quoting kitty8199:

You said if mom doesn't dispute it.

He's probably trying to get something out of legal saying he has 50% but not having to take responsibility

Quoting 3grls1wildboy:

Quoting kitty8199:

Quoting 3grls1wildboy:

Quoting kitty8199:

Quoting 3grls1wildboy:

Quoting kitty8199:

Quoting 3grls1wildboy:

Quoting Mom2Phoenix2011:

• dawncs
    by dawncs
    February 4, 2013 at 11:13 PM

She needs to start recording all phone calls between herself and her ex and his counselor. You can find the equipment at your loca Radio Shack to tape record the phone calls. Most states have laws regarding tape recording phone calls and how they are used in court. I truly recommend doing this because it shows how cooperative or lack of being cooperative on their part. It can make a difference between joint legal custody and sole custody.

• Ridingsolo
    February 5, 2013 at 7:19 AM

Um...that's not how a lawyer should act.  Is he an alcoholic as well?  Makes no sense. 

I'd be concerned letting him near the baby at all if there is no custody agreement in place.  He technically doesn't have to give the baby back.

I would go to court to deal with this.  Don't deal with him or his quack lawyer friend directly anymore.  He's proven to be unstable.

• 3grls1wildboy
    February 5, 2013 at 7:22 AM

ok so they talked last night he said still wont sign papers but told her hes not spending the money to take her to court so should she let it go fo awile bc she has baby y would she have to file for custody and pay??

Quoting Ridingsolo:

Um...that's not how a lawyer should act.  Is he an alcoholic as well?  Makes no sense. 

I'd be concerned letting him near the baby at all if there is no custody agreement in place.  He technically doesn't have to give the baby back.

I would go to court to deal with this.  Don't deal with him or his quack lawyer friend directly anymore.  He's proven to be unstable.

Single Moms