Single Moms

Featured Posts
ckmom2013
Moms with full custody...please share.
February 1, 2013 at 8:16 PM

To the moms who have full custody, how did you do it? I just want to hear the different stories. I know I am not in the worst case scenario, but I am eventually going to go for it once I have enough to bring to court.

Replies

• proudmother5946
    February 1, 2013 at 8:25 PM
    My lawyer wrote up what I wanted. Sole legal custody, CS and to be able to move to Hawaii. I also got primary physical custody and I get to claim her every year on taxes.
    He got visitation once a year, unsupervised is at my discretion.
    I had to have him served though because he wouldn't pick up the certified letter.
    I actually thought he would fight me, but he just gave in. I guess he really just doesn't care. He barely calls her.
  • ckmom2013
    February 1, 2013 at 8:29 PM

Ahhh lawyer fees lol. But lucky you and once a year visits. That sounds like a waste.

Quoting proudmother5946:

My lawyer wrote up what I wanted. Sole legal custody, CS and to be able to move to Hawaii. I also got primary physical custody and I get to claim her every year on taxes.
    He got visitation once a year, unsupervised is at my discretion.
    I had to have him served though because he wouldn't pick up the certified letter.
    I actually thought he would fight me, but he just gave in. I guess he really just doesn't care. He barely calls her.

• proudmother5946
    February 1, 2013 at 8:35 PM
    We fly to Oklahoma once a year. This will be the second year. We stay with my sil so that helps. Dd didn't want to go again after the crap he pulled the last time.
  • mazomama
    February 1, 2013 at 9:02 PM

I have full custody of my older two children. I feel like during my whole divorce process to their father he had his parents on each of his shoulders and he was listening to them rather then what he really wanted or knew what the could handle. Any way after 6 months of the divorce, CPS giving him a clean slate and his parents in charge of his supervised visits he kind went MIA for a few months. On and off he would see the boys until one day i printed out the papers and when in the middle of an exchange to get my boys back from him i told him point blank "What happens if our child is on his death bed and i need to make a choice, your unreachable As usual??? Or who is the one to make the choices when it homes to their vaccinations, education, nutrition etc??? " It took him less then five min to sign the children over to me. I think all along he knew i am more capable of making these choices for the boys then he will ever be. After that he did disappear again for over a year, no calls on holidays or birthdays and then was finally arrested from a warrant that was put out for non compliance with child support. they caught him after pulling him over for speeding i guess. Maybe at that time his then girl friend bailed him out and pushed him to become more involved. Any way..... its been five years since i have had full custody of the boys. They now see their dad mostly every weekend but since he still lives with his mother and sister in only a two bedroom apartment i'm pretty sure he knows better then to bring it up sharing custody anytime soon

• tyfry7496
    February 1, 2013 at 9:35 PM
    I refused to sign child support papers without them stating that I have sole custody. My sons father didnt argue so the judge did it. The father has been nonexistent for 16.5 years. Only pays child support because it comes out of his paycheck.
  • Emma87
    by Emma87
    February 1, 2013 at 9:47 PM

I have custody of my children, but there dad gets them for a few hours three days a week. I tried fighting it in court because he went to jail for domestic battery for hitting me when I was pregnant but the judge still allows him to see the children. I often wonder if I had a lawyer if it would have been different. I personally want him completely out of their lives. He doesn't work and he lives with his mom and dad. I mean how much more worthless can you get? He owes me about 12,000 in back child support. I hate that he can see them, he is such a poor role model for my children. I want them to grow up to be responsible loving functioning adults, the exact opposite of what he is. The worst part is they love going to see dad and think he;s the best thing ever when he does nothing to help support them. When his parents are out of town he doesn't even come see his kids. I don't say anything about him to the kids, because I believe that is wrong, but it doesn't change the fact that I hate the guy.

• jedwards2009
    February 1, 2013 at 9:52 PM
    I just told him "I'm taking dd" and that I wasn't doing the back and forth nonsense, I was getting full custody and he could come see her and get her whenever he wants. He said ok. So I have full physical custody and we have joint legal.
  • 3grls1wildboy
    February 1, 2013 at 10:11 PM

what is fulll physical custody and joint leagal ??

Quoting jedwards2009:

I just told him "I'm taking dd" and that I wasn't doing the back and forth nonsense, I was getting full custody and he could come see her and get her whenever he wants. He said ok. So I have full physical custody and we have joint legal.

• jedwards2009
    February 1, 2013 at 10:15 PM
    It means she lives with me full time. But as far as anything legal is concerned he gets a say in what happens.

Quoting 3grls1wildboy:

Quoting jedwards2009:

• 3grls1wildboy
    February 1, 2013 at 10:22 PM

so he pays cs and gets visitatoin??

Quoting jedwards2009:

It means she lives with me full time. But as far as anything legal is concerned he gets a say in what happens.

Quoting 3grls1wildboy:

Quoting jedwards2009:

Single Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts