Single Moms

Featured Posts
twinsmom2001
Dating
February 1, 2013 at 3:40 PM

I went out on a date during the week for the first time. My kids are finally old enough to be left alone.   We were having a really great time but I had to cut it short because I don't like leaving the kids alone for more than a couple of hours.  The kids were already in bed and I have a finished basement so I invited him in for a drink. 

Now I feel like a terrible mother.  Is it bad that I had a man in the house while the kids were upstairs sleeping?  All we did was sit on the couch and watch a movie then he left.

Thoughts?

Replies

• steviechick
    February 1, 2013 at 3:58 PM

Not sure........I guess you wanted to make sure your kids were okay, but bringing a strange man into your home......is this your first date?  I would definately shy away from bringing him back until you had more dates and you guys are a little bit more serious.  I'm not sure what your kids would think if they saw a strange man in the house.  I wouldn't do that to my DD had she been in my home. 

• Cenedra64
    February 1, 2013 at 4:24 PM
    I wouldnt worry so much. Ive had lots of encounters. I also own a remington and know martial arts lol....i think you got a good conscience. There was nothing innapropriate about what you did
  • mamalena137
    February 1, 2013 at 4:40 PM

I don't think it's bad. If you felt safe enough with him by yourself then it should be ok.

• filmactress30
    February 2, 2013 at 1:08 AM

Being a terrible mom shouldn't be the issue (the fact you question it says your a good mom), but rather think about if your willing to put yourself in that scenario again.  Having too many guys know where you live may make you feel uneasy.  Be selective who is comfortable and trustworthy enough to sit on that couch to watch a movie with you.  I'm just now back in the dating world again too- only time a guy picked me up my girl was with my ex so didn't really have to consider her being in the home when it occurred.  Just always make sure that you put yourself and kids in a safe situation in order to feel good about dating & the example you set. (Not saying this instance was setting bad example, but rather be prepared as possible for situations that occur).   Happy dating(:

• KRIZZ25
    by KRIZZ25
    February 2, 2013 at 1:13 AM
    no..not at all..
  • Jenn8604
    February 2, 2013 at 1:18 AM
    What do I know. i haven't had a date since the ex and i split while I was prego. It will be 5 yrs the 27th.
  • mytrueloveS
    February 2, 2013 at 4:17 AM
    I'm uneasy, I would never let a date know where I live, especially if my children were home. Be careful who you bring around your children, you never know what type of person you might be dealing with.
  • Robsessed98
    February 2, 2013 at 6:50 AM

If the kids were asleep and you knew they wouldn't get up, I see nothing wrong with it. Mom has to have her adult time too.

• MeeshMom
    February 2, 2013 at 5:48 PM
    Depends if this was your first time ever meeting the man or if you knew each other for a while. Don't be so hard on yourself.
  • lovebienmom
    February 2, 2013 at 8:04 PM

For me I keep any male interests away from my home. I feel that this is my kids place to feel safe and secure. If they woke up and saw this strange guy in the home it may make them feel uneasy or unsafe. I dont feel comfortable with people Im dating knowing where I live. Its not just me anymore, its my duty and honor to protect my kids and make them feel like they are always first.

Single Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN