Single Moms

Featured Posts
Meg_the_Mermaid
Sucks to be a single mom when you're super sick!
February 1, 2013 at 10:40 AM

How do you do it?? uggggh. Not only was I already having all kinds of crazy stuff going on with my body due to a Fibromyalgia (or MS) flare-up for the past few months, but I've also been insanely sick this entire week (fever, flu, horrible head cold, nausea), and I've had this scary ice-pick pain in my left temple for the past 2 days. I can barely get up to make my daughter dinner each night and walk her to and from school every day. I'm in so much pain, I just want to cry and sleep all day long. I'm going to have to force myself to do dishes and take out the trash today. 

Replies

• yellownes8
    February 1, 2013 at 10:44 AM
    Ugh same thing happened to me a few weeks ago...I had the flu and so did my 3 year old and 2 year old. Somehow my 8 month old didn't get it luckily. Anyways I was sooo sick. I had to take care of all 3 kids on my own and I could barely move from the couch. I wanted to die. Plus I have arthritis and some kind of autoimmune disease...they aren't sure if it's fibro or lupus but I'm in a lot of pain too. I hope you feel better soon!!
  • bahamamama61
    February 1, 2013 at 10:55 AM
    Awwww:) Do you need to go see a Dr.? Sounds like you need 'Treatment':) And do you have friends or family that could help? And if your daughter is able & willing, she might enjoy helping you with the dishes, while 'mommy is sick':) Also, get lot's of Vitamin C:)
  • Meg_the_Mermaid
    February 1, 2013 at 11:49 AM

oooh, then you KNOW how bad this hurts! I have a couple of autoimmune diseases as well...and especially with the Fibro I was already in pain, but this flu came along and I have NEVER been this knocked out or in pain from a flu before, but it's just due to the problems I was already having. I'm SO happy my daughter doesn't have it, but at the same time I think it'd be easier because then I wouldn't have to walk up to the school or try to keep up with her and whatnot (sad, isn't it? haha). I don't know how you did it with three little ones! Poor mama! I hope you get some answers about your autoimmune disease soon...

Quoting yellownes8:

Ugh same thing happened to me a few weeks ago...I had the flu and so did my 3 year old and 2 year old. Somehow my 8 month old didn't get it luckily. Anyways I was sooo sick. I had to take care of all 3 kids on my own and I could barely move from the couch. I wanted to die. Plus I have arthritis and some kind of autoimmune disease...they aren't sure if it's fibro or lupus but I'm in a lot of pain too. I hope you feel better soon!!

• steviechick
    February 1, 2013 at 11:53 AM

Just take it as easy as you possibly can.  Let the dishes pile up or if you can use paper plates to minimize the dish loads.  Ask a friend to pitch in or just try to minimize your activities.  Being sick and taking care of a little one is hard work.  You need to remember that you are sick and can only do so much now.  Drink plenty of tea and just sit on the couch and watch dvd's with your little one.  Hope you feel better soon.  Having the flu SUCKS!

• Meg_the_Mermaid
    February 1, 2013 at 11:56 AM

I went to my doc on Wed...I already had that followup appt (to dicuss the neurologist referral and my possible MS symptoms and whatnot), but I had the flu so I added that to be checked as well, hahah! My doc definitely said it was "just" the flu, but said my pain was made worse by the Fibro flare...and she couldn't give me any Tamiflu or antibiotic for it because the entire county is out of the Tamiflu. 

I have no friends or family in this area that could help. My dad lives a half hour away and he came to help me on Wednesday, but just with taking me to the doc and picking my daughter up from school that day, and taking me to the grocery store for a couple items. He had to get back home after that. All of my friends live further away. Actually, I know tons more people who are sick right now anyway...seems like everyone is. 

My daughter has been as helpful as she can be...sweet little thing, she is! But she's still only 7 and she has a sensory disorder...I let her wash only the non-breakable dishes (she can't wash the glass ones yet...tried that and too many were getting broken, it wasn't safe for her). She wanted to try and vacuum the other day, but she wasn't strong enough to do all of that either. But I love that she's trying and wants to help. 

Quoting bahamamama61:

Awwww:) Do you need to go see a Dr.? Sounds like you need 'Treatment':) And do you have friends or family that could help? And if your daughter is able & willing, she might enjoy helping you with the dishes, while 'mommy is sick':) Also, get lot's of Vitamin C:)

• deltathree
    February 1, 2013 at 12:16 PM

ugh!  I hear ya.  My heart goes out to you.  I started with the flu & now have pneumonia & a sinus infection.  Been to the doc 4 times - been fighting it for 6 weeks now!!!  It's so hard & very old!  Hope ur feeling better soon.

• Meg_the_Mermaid
    February 1, 2013 at 12:25 PM

My daughter and I both battled nasty sinus infections from September till December, so I hear ya! We had bronchitis during that time too. I hope you can start to heal very soon! 

Quoting deltathree:

ugh!  I hear ya.  My heart goes out to you.  I started with the flu & now have pneumonia & a sinus infection.  Been to the doc 4 times - been fighting it for 6 weeks now!!!  It's so hard & very old!  Hope ur feeling better soon.

• yellownes8
    February 1, 2013 at 12:27 PM
    Thank you! My rheumatologist has been following me closely...I'm on a couple different meds and nothing seems to be working. I want to get a diagnosis as soon as possible cause I'm tired of living in pain.

Quoting Meg_the_Mermaid:

oooh, then you KNOW how bad this hurts! I have a couple of autoimmune diseases as well...and especially with the Fibro I was already in pain, but this flu came along and I have NEVER been this knocked out or in pain from a flu before, but it's just due to the problems I was already having. I'm SO happy my daughter doesn't have it, but at the same time I think it'd be easier because then I wouldn't have to walk up to the school or try to keep up with her and whatnot (sad, isn't it? haha). I don't know how you did it with three little ones! Poor mama! I hope you get some answers about your autoimmune disease soon...

Quoting yellownes8:

• deltathree
    February 1, 2013 at 12:27 PM

oh dear....what is with it this year where it lingers on & on?  What meds finally worked for you? 

Quoting Meg_the_Mermaid:

My daughter and I both battled nasty sinus infections from September till December, so I hear ya! We had bronchitis during that time too. I hope you can start to heal very soon! 

Quoting deltathree:

• Robsessed98
    February 1, 2013 at 12:35 PM

Been there and it sucks balls. ((Hugs))

Single Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts