Single Moms

Featured Posts
susant302
New Here
February 1, 2013 at 8:53 AM

Good Morning!

I am new to the group and wanted to say hi. I am a 32 year old teacher from NYC and teach in CT. I am about 10 weeks pregnant with my first child. As excited as I am about being pregnant, this was a big surprise to both myself and my boyfriend as we were only dating for about a month when I found out I was pregnant. He is not being as supportive as I would like him to be (this is a serious understatement) so between issues with him and these raging hormones I am having a real tough time lately and looking for some advice and support from people who have been there or or going through a similar situation. I have a large, wonderful, and supportive family who I don't want to worry with these conflicting feelings and the sadness I have been feeling. I am trying to stay positive and calm for the baby, but finding it not so easy to do all the time. Any advice? 

Thanks!

Susan

Replies

• Mommyto2LilMen
    February 1, 2013 at 9:57 AM
    Welcome and good luck.
  • susant302
    February 1, 2013 at 11:30 AM

thanks!

• steviechick
    February 1, 2013 at 11:51 AM

Hi, Susan and welcome to the group.  GO to your support group which would be your friends and family.  Don't worry about overwhelming them at all.  Your mom or siblings and even your best friend are the ones you should be talking to about your worries.  Getting it out is healthy.  And, if you can't go to them there are always plenty of mamas here for support.  I have an 18 year old and have plenty of experience raising a child.  I was even married and I was raising my child.  Your hormones are going crazy and that's to be expected and part of your being overwhelmed.  Just trust your instincts.  Hopefully, your SO will be supportive during your pregnancy. 

• breebree04
    February 1, 2013 at 12:18 PM

Welcome to the group! There is still plenty of time for your boyfriend to come around and if he doesnt then atleast the baby has you and a large family. Definately talk to your family. You need to let it out, relieve some stress, they wont mind, thats one of the reasons they are there! Good Luck

• Robsessed98
    February 1, 2013 at 12:37 PM

Welcome to the group. It's not easy, but you just have to stay focused on taking care of yourself and the baby. Don't try to jump all the hurdles at once. Take it one step at a time and it's not so overwhelming.

• victoriahearts
    February 1, 2013 at 2:20 PM

Welcome Susan, I'm Victoria also from NYC and also pregnant. Congrats on expecting and I"m sure you will find a ton of support on here, I know I have.  As for advice the best thing is to get things cleared up , talk with your boyfriend about your concerns and figure out whether a relationship is possible or if it's better to part way, also figure out if he wants to be involved in the child's life or not, I know with all the hormones and emotions you are feeling it's hard to focus and think clear but the sooner you know what is going on and what to expect the better you will feel about the future ahead of you.

• brieri
    by brieri
    February 1, 2013 at 6:25 PM

Hi Susan and welcome to the group.

• MoPain
    by MoPain
    February 1, 2013 at 8:42 PM

Hi Susan Welcome to the group My best advice would be just take it one day at a time Keep calm and carry on

• LifeCafe42
    February 1, 2013 at 11:50 PM
    Welcome! I'm glad you found us!

Single Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN