Single Moms

MeeshMom
Tell me if I am bad
January 31, 2013 at 3:38 PM

I stayed home sick from work today. Legitimately. yesterday afternoon I had a sore throat and had a night class that got out at 10 pm. During class I could feel myself getting sicker and sicker. I hardly slept and woke up feeling like shit still. I felt body aches and chills, but no fever.

Well i took a nap earlier and I ate some breakfast and I am feeling better. I want to go get a mani pedi. I never do things like that for myself. Would it be bad if i did that? I would tell my coworkers that I did my own nails, which I normally do. I never can go get my nails done because I always have my son. I plan to go to work tomorrow.

Replies

• steviechick
    January 31, 2013 at 3:43 PM

You sound like you are guilty for skipping work.  I've felt like crap before, too, left work and went home.  The next day I felt better and wanted to some things done for myself.  Get that pedi done.  Get it done for you.  Do something nice for yourself. 

• conniejo75
    January 31, 2013 at 3:49 PM
    You were sick and now feel better. I don't see an issue with taking some for yourself too
  • lydi
    by lydi
    January 31, 2013 at 3:56 PM

go for it. we all deserve "me" time.

• amonkeymom
    January 31, 2013 at 4:06 PM

I agree with the others.  Do something nice for yourself (and it'll help contribute toward your feeling better as well) and don't feel guilty about it.

• faerie75
    January 31, 2013 at 6:43 PM

i call in sick for mental health days occasionally. its my time, i earned it.

• Robsessed98
    January 31, 2013 at 11:24 PM

Nope, not bad at all. Hope you did it and had fun.

• MeeshMom
    January 31, 2013 at 11:48 PM

i didn't wind up going. But I did go to the beauty supply and got new shampoo and conditioner, manicure tools, a new nail polish, face wash and a masque. Then I did my own nails lol. I needed to spend the money mostly on the shampoo and wash that I was out of.

Quoting Robsessed98:

• Mommyto2LilMen
    February 1, 2013 at 10:04 AM
    Glad you got what you needed and did get a little extra something for yourself!! Hope your feeling better.

Quoting MeeshMom:

i didn't wind up going. But I did go to the beauty supply and got new shampoo and conditioner, manicure tools, a new nail polish, face wash and a masque. Then I did my own nails lol. I needed to spend the money mostly on the shampoo and wash that I was out of.

Quoting Robsessed98:

Single Moms