Single Moms

ChristinaG1016
New Comer
January 30, 2013 at 2:41 PM
Hi,

My name is Christina and I am a young mom with a 12 yr old little girl. My husband & I (10 yrs) are going through a divorce but my husband is not my daughter father. He has been actively her life for 10 yrs none the less. Her father & his wife are also in her life but they are now treating me like the bad guy & my daughter is starting to misbehave and act out due to my divorce and of course her age. I was hoping to get some ideas of how to deal w/ this situation. Do I include her father in the problems I am having w/ her & ask for his help or should I make my home my problem?????? And suggestion about the over all post would be great. Don't have much support or anyone to ask advice from. Thanks :)

Replies

• steviechick
    January 30, 2013 at 2:57 PM

Hi, Christina and welcome to the group.  If you are on good speaking terms with your ex then I would have a sit down talk with him about your daughter's behavior.  You don't know what's going on with the ex and his wife.  Not sure why they both would be talking bad about you but their behavior towards you is doing harm to your daughter.  Somehow your daughter is getting fed some false information and it needs to be quelled.  Not sure what your problems are with your current husband but you need to rexamine what you two are fighting about.  Then try and figure out if what you are doing to each other is making your daughter react badly. 

• amonkeymom
    January 30, 2013 at 3:36 PM

Stevie has some good advice.  I'd talk to your ex if you're on good terms, but if not then maybe you and your daughter need to make time for a good quality conversation and make time for some fun too.

Quoting steviechick:

Hi, Christina and welcome to the group.  If you are on good speaking terms with your ex then I would have a sit down talk with him about your daughter's behavior.  You don't know what's going on with the ex and his wife.  Not sure why they both would be talking bad about you but their behavior towards you is doing harm to your daughter.  Somehow your daughter is getting fed some false information and it needs to be quelled.  Not sure what your problems are with your current husband but you need to rexamine what you two are fighting about.  Then try and figure out if what you are doing to each other is making your daughter react badly. 

Single Moms