Single Moms

Featured Posts
Pastrychefmama
question for everyone
January 27, 2013 at 3:22 AM

I have a question for everyone. I am currently 35 years old living at home with my parents. I had a nice apartment  that I could afforrd and pay all my bills and had full benefits with an understanding command when I was in the Navy. When I got out I moved back to my home state of California. I had no job, so i moved back with my parents. alsmost two years later stll going to school because there are no decent jobs out there to support me and my son. I want to find a job that supports my son and I and has good benefits.

So after all that are you on a low income housing deal? Do you work two jobs to support your family? Do you have someone who helps support you? Do you have a good paying job? I hate that I am 35 living at home. So how do  you do it?

tracy

Replies

• conniejo75
    January 27, 2013 at 3:29 AM
    I have 2 kids and live in CA. No one helps and I get no type of assistance. I cover all my kids expenses. I do get 300 in child support but I have 2 teenagers and he doesn't even see theme.
    I work in call center doing insurance customer service. I make ok money and great benefits. But money is always tight. I would never be able to live with my mom.
  • Cenedra64
    January 27, 2013 at 3:53 AM
    I couldnt make it when i got out the military..thats why i went back in reserves. That extra weekend a month helped. i just started a new job. Im on shaky ground. I'll be two months behind on my rent this coming month. I have no advice. Sometimes nothing goes right.
  • jmoore10
    January 27, 2013 at 5:32 AM
    So what part of California do you live in. In the San Fran area there is this place called east bay works its inconcord. Its a job resource place. Many job posting, free workshop you can take it's a great place. And I know there is a company that will hire people who just got out of the military over anyone else. I will be over at the east bay worksdoing a typing test so I will ask around for you.
  • tyfry7496
    January 27, 2013 at 12:29 PM
    I'm 41 and live with my parents. It's not the ideal situation but its better than living in substandard housing or on the streets.
  • kavp84
    by kavp84
    January 27, 2013 at 1:19 PM

I lucked out and had the father of my youngest two commit suicide, so they get survivor benefits. That covers all of my monthly bills (no extras, I'm talking rent, utilities, car, and insurance). The father of my oldest two pays child support, and that covers gas and food, with the rest being saved. I'm currently a student, but will be graduating in May with my AA.

(Before anyone comments... I say I lucked out because he was a douchebag who abused me, and almost killed my son. While I logically realize that it's sad when someone commits suicide, I personally think the world is better off without him.)

• elizabeth.mary
    January 27, 2013 at 1:52 PM

I live in California with my parents. I've been with them since I separated from my husband in July of 2010. Don't even bother with the low income housing it's all full and the waiting lists are all full. California has the shittiest economy imaginable, everyone is unemployed, things are much too expensive and therefore everyone is trying to get low income housing.

If I were you I would go back into the reserves or rejoin the Navy. I myself am actually trying to go Navy Reserve right now.

Good luck to you!

• londonmmy23
    January 27, 2013 at 1:55 PM
    Just keep your head up doll try to see if there are resources for military mamas you never know.

Quoting Cenedra64:

I couldnt make it when i got out the military..thats why i went back in reserves. That extra weekend a month helped. i just started a new job. Im on shaky ground. I'll be two months behind on my rent this coming month. I have no advice. Sometimes nothing goes right.

Single Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN