Single Moms

Featured Posts
_coldcoffee_
name game
January 25, 2013 at 4:03 PM

so heres the situation:

babys daddy isnt gonna be in th pic when its born (his choice) and refuses to acknowledge its even his; calls me a slut and just really makin excuses for himself to get out of it, so needless to say were not on terms. my mom always had a thing about the way he treated me and since he aint gonna be part of its life, says i should give it my last name and not put the father on the certificate at all.

it feels wrong to me, but then i wouldve thought hed change his mind over the duration of the pregnancy but he hasnt budged and im almost 8 months now. i told babys daddy about this thought and he was really pissed (?); not sure if he just wanted to claim it for taxes or what. i thought it was funny how he got mad when HES the one that wanted to leave and HE doesnt want anythin to do with us, all his choice.

so i guess what im askin is should i take my moms advice? i aint got long to debate this, but i want to make the right choice for my baby in the long run. plus i think its a girl (i wanted to be surprised) so does the last name really matter in that case?

Replies

• _coldcoffee_
    January 26, 2013 at 1:23 AM

uhhh, no lol  didnt think of it that way

Quoting yezay:

Do you want to be called mrs "his last name" your child's entire life? If not use your last name!!!

• MsPopo
    by MsPopo
    January 26, 2013 at 7:40 AM
    Honey. Give your child your last name, I did! You will be very limited in terms of decisions for your child ie school etc. I would say go as far as putting "father unknown" on the birth certificate. Right now I'm trying to get my daughter a passport so we can travel and home affairs not only requires his I.D. But his presence at the offices. It's a pain in the ass. Empower yourself honey, don't make a sentimental, emotional decision.
  • yezay
    by yezay
    January 26, 2013 at 9:05 AM
    My son has my exs last name and I get called mrs so and so all the time even after I've corrected them multiple times.

Quoting _coldcoffee_:

uhhh, no lol  didnt think of it that way

Quoting yezay:

Do you want to be called mrs "his last name" your child's entire life? If not use your last name!!!

• ckmom2013
    January 26, 2013 at 9:09 AM
    I wish my kids had my last name. Give the baby yours!
  • LifeCafe42
    January 26, 2013 at 9:46 AM
    Use your last name you can always hyphenate his on
  • _coldcoffee_
    January 27, 2013 at 1:57 AM

lol that would be so funny XD  if its a girl, her name would be Avalon Shay Lewis-Armstrong!! good grief lol

Quoting LifeCafe42:

Use your last name you can always hyphenate his on

• _coldcoffee_
    January 27, 2013 at 2:01 AM

im a very emotional person, always have been. not boo-hoo over spilled milk kind but not far from it lol im just tryin to be nice and i get taken advantage of for it, but when it comes to my baby, i want to do whats best for it, daddys optional.

that sounds like a real pain..

Quoting MsPopo:

Honey. Give your child your last name, I did! You will be very limited in terms of decisions for your child ie school etc. I would say go as far as putting "father unknown" on the birth certificate. Right now I'm trying to get my daughter a passport so we can travel and home affairs not only requires his I.D. But his presence at the offices. It's a pain in the ass. Empower yourself honey, don't make a sentimental, emotional decision.

• Emiliush
    January 27, 2013 at 8:29 PM

that's what I did!!!!!!!! no father in my sons birth certificate or life!!!!!!

[plus if you will want to get him a passport, they will ask you to get permition from both parents. that is if the father is on the birth certificate.- such a waste!!!! SO MUCH BETTER BEING IN CONTROL OF YOUR OWN CHILD, I MEAN THE FATHER WOULDN'T CARE OR DO ANYTING EITHER WAY. WHAT'S THE POINT!!...]

And I am happy with my decision!!! it's hard, but you get lots of help from people who do care!!

[plus if he will have the fathers last name, and youre a single mom. and dad wouldn't be involved. it will be kinda hard knowing your the mom with different last names. i think. im not sure how it works!]

• Emiliush
    January 27, 2013 at 8:32 PM

and thats exactly why i didn't put his name!!!!!!! for gods sake you don't need that asshole!!

it's an amazing feeling knowing your child is ALL YOURS!!! :)

Quoting MsPopo:

• _coldcoffee_
    January 27, 2013 at 11:14 PM

idk what hes doin.. first hes all like 'fuck this shit' and not wantin anythin to do with it, then hes like i want pics and visitation and wants to stick around for a while, then i started makin my baby registry and asked if he wanted to see what i put on there, and hes like 'eh' and i said 'so you dont' and hes like 'why, idrc, so if you want to show me show me' ....

Quoting Emiliush:

that's what I did!!!!!!!! no father in my sons birth certificate or life!!!!!!

[plus if you will want to get him a passport, they will ask you to get permition from both parents. that is if the father is on the birth certificate.- such a waste!!!! SO MUCH BETTER BEING IN CONTROL OF YOUR OWN CHILD, I MEAN THE FATHER WOULDN'T CARE OR DO ANYTING EITHER WAY. WHAT'S THE POINT!!...]

And I am happy with my decision!!! it's hard, but you get lots of help from people who do care!!

[plus if he will have the fathers last name, and youre a single mom. and dad wouldn't be involved. it will be kinda hard knowing your the mom with different last names. i think. im not sure how it works!]

Single Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN