Single Moms

Featured Posts
_coldcoffee_
name game
January 25, 2013 at 4:03 PM

so heres the situation:

babys daddy isnt gonna be in th pic when its born (his choice) and refuses to acknowledge its even his; calls me a slut and just really makin excuses for himself to get out of it, so needless to say were not on terms. my mom always had a thing about the way he treated me and since he aint gonna be part of its life, says i should give it my last name and not put the father on the certificate at all.

it feels wrong to me, but then i wouldve thought hed change his mind over the duration of the pregnancy but he hasnt budged and im almost 8 months now. i told babys daddy about this thought and he was really pissed (?); not sure if he just wanted to claim it for taxes or what. i thought it was funny how he got mad when HES the one that wanted to leave and HE doesnt want anythin to do with us, all his choice.

so i guess what im askin is should i take my moms advice? i aint got long to debate this, but i want to make the right choice for my baby in the long run. plus i think its a girl (i wanted to be surprised) so does the last name really matter in that case?

Replies

• lamommy23
    January 25, 2013 at 4:07 PM
    Give your baby your last name then have a paternity test done if hes already denying the baby he prbly will until you have it done
  • mytrueloveS
    January 25, 2013 at 4:32 PM
    Put your last name, if the father doesn't want to be involved you can't force him. When he comes around if he chooses to be a father, you can change her last name.
  • CharlotteRose
    January 25, 2013 at 5:15 PM

This is what I would do - he really doesn't deserve to have his baby carry his last name - until he starts acting like a mature and loving father then change it over to his but until now NOPE do the below.....

Quoting mytrueloveS:

Put your last name, if the father doesn't want to be involved you can't force him. When he comes around if he chooses to be a father, you can change her last name.

• MaddieLainesMom
    January 25, 2013 at 7:00 PM

When I look back I really wish my DD had my last name. I was engaged to her dad at the time we had her and he remained involved for a good 4 months, but then nothing. It may not seem like a big deal, but I wish she didn't have to live with his last name if he's not going to be involved. 

• Tsmommy106
    January 25, 2013 at 8:57 PM

I wouldn't give the baby his last name, but could name him as the father. He doesn't want to be involved so he doesn't deserve to have his last name go on with a child he denies. You'll probably need a paternity test and I also say, take his ass to court for child support. He helped make it, he should help pay for it too, whether he wants to or not. Assholes deny, deny, deny so they don't have to live up to their responsibilities. It's shitty. Good Luck!!!

• tyfry7496
    January 25, 2013 at 10:11 PM
    Why give someone the honor of a child with his last name if he's not going to be involved?

Give your child your last name. I did and don't regret it at all.
  • _coldcoffee_
    January 25, 2013 at 10:13 PM

sounds good quiet maybe il be able to sleep tonight

• tyfry7496
    January 25, 2013 at 11:22 PM
    Don't lose sleep over something so minor. All you have to worry about is a healthy, happy baby.

Quoting _coldcoffee_:

• _coldcoffee_
    January 25, 2013 at 11:27 PM

i lose sleep all the time between the heartburn and worryin and HIM. surprised im not a total nut job by now lol

Quoting tyfry7496:

Don't lose sleep over something so minor. All you have to worry about is a healthy, happy baby.

Quoting _coldcoffee_:

• yezay
    by yezay
    January 25, 2013 at 11:29 PM
    Do you want to be called mrs "his last name" your child's entire life? If not use your last name!!!

Single Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts