Single Moms

ashleysuee
depressed
January 24, 2013 at 11:38 AM

So i have been single for a few months. i started casually seeing thsis guy about 2 months ago. Well yesterday was my birthday and he didnt text, call, or say anything even online.... i know that is over and i deserve better. but i havent had a serious relationship in so long. i take care of my 3 year old, work full time and go to school full time, and im only 24. im convinced now i am not going to find a guy. i know my schedule is hectic but i think im worth it. any ideas on how to get out of this funk ?

Replies

• easinpc
    by easinpc
    January 24, 2013 at 11:40 AM

Hugs!

• breebree04
    January 24, 2013 at 12:15 PM

its hard. I feel the same way sometimes but everyone tells me the right guy will come along eventually. You just have to focus on you and your child. The way I look at it is, I would rather wait for the right guy to come along than keep wasting my time on the wrong ones. Did he for sure know it was your bday? You said you were casual dating but you did mention online so did it say on FB or something that it was your bday?

• amonkeymom
    January 24, 2013 at 4:19 PM

Awww, I'm sorry.  You are definitely "worth it" and you WILL find the right person, probably when you least expect it.

Happy belated birthday!

• Bluerivergirl
    January 24, 2013 at 5:12 PM

Sweetie you are young, beautiful, responsible, loving and ambitious.  Your man is waiting for you, I know it!   Be patient and who knows maybe the guy you are dating now is planning something... or just not that into birthdays,  Is he supportive of your goals, is he good with your child,  does he listen and treat you with respect?  These are the things that matter. 

luvlexi

• Rosalind2012
    January 25, 2013 at 8:27 AM

Guys are over rated, see what they can do to you? I would just take a hiatus from that scene. You are still so young...do what YOU want to do. Do what makes you happy. You have plenty of time to find a guy. I am recently separated, and I told myself that I was not going out to find anyone anymore because as soon as you bring a guy into your life, it's one more person you have to please and one more person who has expectations for you. I found that as soon as I brought someone else into my life, my kids got less of me...and for what? To fulfill someone else's expectations? Wait it out for someone who is willing to be there for you and your child. And in the meantime, do whatever you want that makes you happy.

• mytrueloveS
    January 25, 2013 at 10:10 AM

Take this time to focus on school and your child.  Men aren't worth it in my book, they just bring pain and A LOT of drama.  Have fun and enjoy yourself.  

• mazomama
    January 25, 2013 at 10:29 AM

i found my boyfriend on match.com . I too was working full time in school full time and have four kids. i found it much easier to "shop" for my ideal man while at home in my pajamas with my kids :) i have a few weekends a month that all of my kids are gone so i used that time to actually meet him after two months of chatting online then eventually through texts. i Have had two divorces and im done playing games. i knew  what i wanted , needed and deserved in a man and went for it. i was on the site for a few months before we connected and im so thankful i went on there!!!! 

as far as getting out of your funk you really need to love your self before you can love anyone else. take the alone time to read some good self help books or realtionship books. Work out and bust your ass getting sexy for your self. Maybe go to church or do something noce around your home. I find that if i keep my self busy theres no time for self pity. Good luck :)

• steviechick
    January 25, 2013 at 10:39 AM

Not sure if the bf simply forgot your bday or he's just not that much into you.  Your feelings are hurt, but not sure if you really want to be in a relationship with this guy.  Firstly, figure that out.  In the meantime, don't think about 'what ifs' and think about what you can do to make yourself happy.  I've been in an off-again on-again funk for over a year.  Not sure what to do next.  So, I  joined a gym and when the weather is nice I go running.  I don't try and sit at home a lot alone.  It only makes it worse for me.  I was in a miserable marriage for a long time.  Compromised for far too long and ended up being hurt in the end.  I do want a man in my life, but I'm not about to sacrifice what I truly want in life.  He has to want the same things I do and we have to be in a good and strong relationship in order for me to go the extra mile.  I'm not one to visit on-line dating sites.  Don't want to disapproval of a man I meet.  I want him to want me for who I am.  Been there and done that for 26 years!  I've learned my lesson. 

• RyderMomma09
    January 25, 2013 at 8:04 PM

Sorry youre going thru this...I feel your pain. My boyfriend I met on match.com just broke up with me last week. We were only dating for 4 months but it really hurt me...still hurts. You get comfortable again with someone and then shit happens. Hang in there Im sure there are far better men out there for you. Good Luck!!

• LilAsMom526
    January 26, 2013 at 1:09 PM
    I feel the same way. Ive been single for 5 years this year. After failure after failure with guys and the hurt. I went gay. Not saying you should. My reasons were for many being gay. I am trying again online dating but women only. if you really want a relationship go on dating sites. Now a days a lot of people meet on online dating sites.

Single Moms