Single Moms

Featured Posts
loneventure23
All work and no play. Im losing it!
January 24, 2013 at 12:09 AM
Monday through Friday I work all day, pick up my daughter from daycare, come home with enough time to walk the dog, give my daughter dinner before bed and change her diaper. After she's asleep, I get her bottles ready, maybe eat, then somehow its already almost 11 when I go to bed.

On the weekends, I try to figure out how to keep her from screaming at be because I dont know how to play with her since she's the only real interaction ive had with a child...... I literally have no help from anyone and am so stressed out that my mind is going a mile a minute in every direction except the one I need it to go....

And to top it off, this stupid woman at the daycare is trying to step on my relationship with my daughter. I CANT STAND THIS WOMAN!!!!

Replies

• naj2013
    by naj2013
    January 26, 2013 at 9:56 PM

oh no sorry about that... do the best you can for your baby girl, which i am sure your doing already, some people just think they can grow your child better than you, i've learn to block them out. good luck

Quoting loneventure23:

Well, I was trying to do that. But all of the women that watch her in the morning and afternoon dont speak English. This week I was worried my daughter was getting sick, so i downloaded a translator app on my phone to ask them how she was doing. They said she was fine. I took her to the doctor and she has a bronchial infection.

Quoting naj2013:

If there's someone else there to talk to at the daycare, pay that lady no mind and do the best u can for your daughter.

• naj2013
    by naj2013
    January 26, 2013 at 10:11 PM

Thats what we're here for, we should be able to help each other out... there are meet up groups, depending on where you reside, you could make some friends that way, you could pick up yoga or if you have a hobby that would be a good way to get out there and make some friends. I also lost my best friend when i had my daughter and a couple of other frends. Thank god for SO, he have been my best friend ever since and now we have another baby girl on the way and i am happy, a few years ago i was depressed... keep being positive, i know it's hard but you'll attract good people and happiness in your life.

Quoting loneventure23:

Thats good advice, but I moved up here 3 years ago and haven't made any real friends. The ones I had disappeared when I had my daughter.

Im thinking planning a day to play hookie from work. For some reason I thought you weren't allowed to bring your child to daycare if you weren't going to work. ...I love this site, you lovely ladies are teaching me alot. :)

Quoting naj2013:

Get a sitter for a day or so and have sometime to yourself or maybe call up a friend, go out, laugh and enjoy yourself, i know how u feel i was once a single working mom.

• loneventure23
    January 27, 2013 at 12:08 AM
    I'm trying to stay positive. I feel depressed alot of the time, but I keep telling myself it'll get easier in some ways, and the harder ways to come might be easier to handle once I can get a normal nights sleep and there's no more daycare or diapers.

Congratulations on your little one on the way. Its nice to hear other women have been in similar positions and had happy turnouts.

Quoting naj2013:

Thats what we're here for, we should be able to help each other out... there are meet up groups, depending on where you reside, you could make some friends that way, you could pick up yoga or if you have a hobby that would be a good way to get out there and make some friends. I also lost my best friend when i had my daughter and a couple of other frends. Thank god for SO, he have been my best friend ever since and now we have another baby girl on the way and i am happy, a few years ago i was depressed... keep being positive, i know it's hard but you'll attract good people and happiness in your life.

Quoting loneventure23:

Thats good advice, but I moved up here 3 years ago and haven't made any real friends. The ones I had disappeared when I had my daughter.

Im thinking planning a day to play hookie from work. For some reason I thought you weren't allowed to bring your child to daycare if you weren't going to work. ...I love this site, you lovely ladies are teaching me alot. :)

Quoting naj2013:

Get a sitter for a day or so and have sometime to yourself or maybe call up a friend, go out, laugh and enjoy yourself, i know how u feel i was once a single working mom.

Single Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts