Single Moms

Featured Posts
momma1708
I really believe
January 23, 2013 at 8:57 PM

that DS is going to be the dad he doesn't have. He is such a good big brother and a good helper to me. I haven't had a lot of sleep the last couple of nights so I have forgotten a few things through out the day and one of those things was to sing DD Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. She started yelling for it and when I started to go back to the room to sing in, I heard DS singing it to her. He helps with the potty training and he plays really well with her. Of course they fight and what not, they are siblings but I don't think that their dad would be there for any of us the way my 5 year old has been. I hope I am not making him think that he has to step up in all of this. I do ask him to help me with things that involve his sister..... ugh crap... I think my happy little thought just got sent in the opposite direction .....

Replies

• ayacocca
    January 23, 2013 at 9:00 PM

that made me smile.. it reminds me of y 12 yr old son. I have a set of 7 yr old twins as well, and when he's not aggravating the fire out of them, he's very nurturing & helpful. Yes, I believe that they will grow up to be total opposites of their fathers; they are witnessing love (us, their moms) in action and mimicking it to the best of their ability.

• Robsessed98
    January 23, 2013 at 9:09 PM

It's great that he wants to be the little man and help so much. Just always let him know how much he helps and make sure it never interferes with him being a kid.

• mytrueloveS
    January 23, 2013 at 11:42 PM

That's really sweet.  I hope my son is the same way with his sister. 

• easinpc
    by easinpc
    January 24, 2013 at 11:54 AM

That is very sweet :)

• deltathree
    January 24, 2013 at 12:12 PM

very sweet! :)

• AO-88
    by AO-88
    January 25, 2013 at 6:04 AM
    Aww
  • Mommyto2LilMen
    January 25, 2013 at 7:11 AM
    Agreed!!!

Quoting Robsessed98:

It's great that he wants to be the little man and help so much. Just always let him know how much he helps and make sure it never interferes with him being a kid.

• my4loves4
    January 26, 2013 at 12:25 AM

my son is the same way with his sister, and he has a real dad and a step dad who both he is very close to, i wouldnt worry so much about him thinking he has to "stepup" Hes doing it because he sees you do it, and its natural for brothers to want to help and protect their sisters. My son is only three, and daughter is just 3 months, but since the day she was born he made it obvious he loved her. He always wants to help, and when friends or anyone beside her dad, Grandmas (sometimes not even them) and I try to touch her, He tells them NO, thats MY sister. Sometimes he even tells them they have germs lol so stop worrying and enjoy the fact that your son will one day be a great daddy. :)

• LifeCafe42
    January 26, 2013 at 9:59 AM
    That's so sweet keep up the good work mama!!
  • steviechick
    January 30, 2013 at 1:56 PM

you rock< That's for your son, LOL!

Single Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN