Single Moms

Featured Posts
Single_Mommy90
Hi, I'm new :)
January 23, 2013 at 8:38 PM

Well, I'm just your basic mom. I won't give my life's story but...Long story short;

I was with a guy and he got a little abusive, I left then found out I was pregnant. I was 19 at the time, and had my son in November of 2009. 8 month later I met the guy I'm still currently with and he's been a dream and wonderful to both my son and I. I live at home and I get some help but not a lot of support and it's a little...degrading almost. My son is currently in his 3's and life has been anything but easy. He has ADHD and a slight memory problem and a MAJOR listening problem. Its just crazy. I'm mainly on this sight because none of my friends have kids and my family just seems to say it 'normal' for a 3 year old to act the way he is. I beg to differ...I'm here because I need help and advice of what I should do, how I should do it...maybe talk to others who are going through what I am...Any help is appreciated.

Replies

• ayacocca
    January 23, 2013 at 8:56 PM

well, welcome girl! I'm a single mother of 3; a 12 yr old & 7 yr old twins... so if anyone knows stress, its me. But, its okay. Life is a struggle at most, but it can be a beautiful one. Again, welcome!

• Mommyto2LilMen
    January 23, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Welcome!!

• LifeCafe42
    January 23, 2013 at 11:06 PM
    Welcome! I'm glad you found us!
  • jreagan624
    January 24, 2013 at 12:53 AM
    Welcome! :)

I know what your going through! Lol I had my son when I was 19, and he was born September of 2009 so I feel ya on those fantastic 3's. Feel free to talk to me anytime :)
  • breebree04
    January 24, 2013 at 9:43 AM

Welcome! My son also has ADHD and I dealt with it for along time because I didnt wanna have him medicated but after I tried several herbal remedies and his ADHD started affecting his school work I gave in and had him medicated. Glad I did now so I know how you feel. Good Luck with everything

• easinpc
    by easinpc
    January 24, 2013 at 11:27 AM

Welcome!

• Robsessed98
    January 24, 2013 at 5:56 PM

Welcome to the group. My oldest dd was dignosed with adhd when she was 5. We tried behavioral therapy and counseling, but ended up putting her on meds also. She took herself off the meds when she grew up because she had a grip on it, but has recently decided she needs to get back of them. Both of her ds, 4 & 5, are in the evaluation process and will be finally given a diagnosis and treatment plan on Saturday, but I already know from many years of experience that they both are adhd too. I'm pretty sure the oldest is odd as well. Have you taken yours to be evaluated? If not, that's where you need to start. I would recommend going to a psychologist because there are so many different reasons he may act the way he does and they are better at determining the problem than a regular ped or dr. Once you find out what the problem is, just follow his treatment plan closely and get him all the help he needs.

• 2lilguysmommy
    January 24, 2013 at 7:20 PM

welcome.   

Single Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN