Single Moms

Featured Posts
khrystijensen
christian mingle? anyone try it before?
January 22, 2013 at 10:14 AM

I have recently thought about going onto this site to see what it is all about?????

Replies

• Cenedra64
    January 22, 2013 at 10:23 AM
    A friend said she tried it and it was bad.
  • steviechick
    January 22, 2013 at 10:30 AM

I tried, it, too.  Met a guy and ended up chatting for about two weeks.   He wanted to meet.  So, we met at a restaurant.  Turned out he didn't think I was religious enough for him and he ended the date within an hour and a half.  Total loser.  He didn't know me long enough TO know that I am religious enough for him.  And, really, if he can't figure out that there is more to me than my religous thinking, he's one sad individual. 

I've decided to stay away from dating sites.  I'm not one to chat with total strangers and then pick a few to meet on a blind date.   To find out if they don't work out.  Who wants all that hassle.  I'm going to meet more guys as I stay busy.  As long as I get out of the house and get involved in life I will meet someone.   Besides, dating sites all charge you a fee.  Who wants to pay to meet someone? 

• deltathree
    January 22, 2013 at 12:04 PM

Haven't tried it, but would guess the guys will be 1 of 2 ways.  Either way to religious - like using their religion to be controlling or total losers pretending to be religious to get nice girls.

• mom_of_twingirl
    January 22, 2013 at 12:15 PM

I have a friend who tried it and found her now bf one it.

• conniejo75
    January 22, 2013 at 12:21 PM
    Worse than POF in my experience
  • breebree04
    January 22, 2013 at 12:29 PM

Just out of curiousity. What do you do or where do you go to meet guys? I also have done the online thing and am tired of it. I dont like the whole talk to a guy for a few weeks and then basically go on a blind date either. I dont get out a whole lot and only have a very small group of close friends so I dont know what other options I have.

Quoting steviechick:

I tried, it, too.  Met a guy and ended up chatting for about two weeks.   He wanted to meet.  So, we met at a restaurant.  Turned out he didn't think I was religious enough for him and he ended the date within an hour and a half.  Total loser.  He didn't know me long enough TO know that I am religious enough for him.  And, really, if he can't figure out that there is more to me than my religous thinking, he's one sad individual. 

I've decided to stay away from dating sites.  I'm not one to chat with total strangers and then pick a few to meet on a blind date.   To find out if they don't work out.  Who wants all that hassle.  I'm going to meet more guys as I stay busy.  As long as I get out of the house and get involved in life I will meet someone.   Besides, dating sites all charge you a fee.  Who wants to pay to meet someone? 

• emilysmom8
    January 22, 2013 at 12:39 PM

Nope. Im not christian..

• steviechick
    January 22, 2013 at 1:24 PM

Quoting breebree04:

Just out of curiousity. What do you do or where do you go to meet guys? I also have done the online thing and am tired of it. I dont like the whole talk to a guy for a few weeks and then basically go on a blind date either. I dont get out a whole lot and only have a very small group of close friends so I dont know what other options I have.

Quoting steviechick:

I've been looking up local groups that meet (Meetup.com).  I've found a handful of groups that are in my area that I have interest in (running, political, wine tasting, and social clubs).   I haven't gone to any of the events because they are too far away from where I live.  I live just outside a big city and all of these groups are happening in the city.  I live in suburbia many miles away from where these groups meet.  They also meet during the week at night and I find it hard to travel for miles to meet up with total strangers then drive home.  I have to get up in the morning to go to work.   I'm hoping that they meet during the day and on the weekends, but so far they don't.  I have joined a local running group, but they only meet up for 5k's and there is no socializing afterward.  One of them is starting to run together at a local park.  I plan on joining that group when it starts.  It lasts for a few months.  So, that should help motivate me to run more and perhaps I can make a few friends.  There was talk of starting a singles running group, but no one is interested in getting things going.  I have a few friends, too.  One is single and the others are either married or work third shift.  I hang out sometimes with my one single friend (when she's not working) and visit with my married friend or have dinner with her.  My college-age DD is single and has few friends, so we hook up whenever she has free time.  I have joined a local political party (not thru Meetup.com).  They only meet up on rare occasions.  I have also looked into a local church with hundreds of members.  I spoke to a volunteer there and she said that they were going to start a divorce/singles group this year.  So, this weekend will be my second visit to the church.  They have a night service.  I'm bound to meet singles there and perhaps some nice guys.  Other than that I'm stumped as to what else I can do.  I also plan on going to the golfing range a lot this spring.  I've also joined a gym to get tone and in better shape.  My single friend told me the better I looked the better chance I had at gaining more attention.  I know that might sound vain, but it does make a difference in a guy's attitude towards starting a conversation or ignoring you.   KWIM?    Hope I gave you some good suggestions. 

• Cenedra64
    January 22, 2013 at 1:40 PM
    Haha thats how i think! I had a guy at church wanted to date. What a total creep he turned out to be! I keep him in mind when i picture what online so called christian men are like. He is so anti drinking its unreal! Im christian but he irked me so bad during dinner at church i stood up said i see nuttin wrong with it. I like letting my hair down cutting loose now and then! i forgot other ppl were listening and about dying laughin. Half of us are irish/scot..think we dont drink?!

Quoting deltathree:

Haven't tried it, but would guess the guys will be 1 of 2 ways.  Either way to religious - like using their religion to be controlling or total losers pretending to be religious to get nice girls.

• breebree04
    January 22, 2013 at 1:45 PM

Thanks, I will have to look into some local groups in my area and see whats out there. I just dont have alot of free time unless its a weekend since I work full-time through the week and have two young children at home but who knows maybe I can find something thats on the weekends. Thanks for the suggestions.

I've been looking up local groups that meet (Meetup.com).  I've found a handful of groups that are in my area that I have interest in (running, political, wine tasting, and social clubs).   I haven't gone to any of the events because they are too far away from where I live.  I live just outside a big city and all of these groups are happening in the city.  I live in suburbia many miles away from where these groups meet.  They also meet during the week at night and I find it hard to travel for miles to meet up with total strangers then drive home.  I have to get up in the morning to go to work.   I'm hoping that they meet during the day and on the weekends, but so far they don't.  I have joined a local running group, but they only meet up for 5k's and there is no socializing afterward.  One of them is starting to run together at a local park.  I plan on joining that group when it starts.  It lasts for a few months.  So, that should help motivate me to run more and perhaps I can make a few friends.  There was talk of starting a singles running group, but no one is interested in getting things going.  I have a few friends, too.  One is single and the others are either married or work third shift.  I hang out sometimes with my one single friend (when she's not working) and visit with my married friend or have dinner with her.  My college-age DD is single and has few friends, so we hook up whenever she has free time.  I have joined a local political party (not thru Meetup.com).  They only meet up on rare occasions.  I have also looked into a local church with hundreds of members.  I spoke to a volunteer there and she said that they were going to start a divorce/singles group this year.  So, this weekend will be my second visit to the church.  They have a night service.  I'm bound to meet singles there and perhaps some nice guys.  Other than that I'm stumped as to what else I can do.  I also plan on going to the golfing range a lot this spring.  I've also joined a gym to get tone and in better shape.  My single friend told me the better I looked the better chance I had at gaining more attention.  I know that might sound vain, but it does make a difference in a guy's attitude towards starting a conversation or ignoring you.   KWIM?    Hope I gave you some good suggestions. 

Single Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN