Single Moms

crystal-25
feel so betrayed
January 21, 2013 at 6:19 PM
Hello everyone iam a new to this iam 5 and a half months pregnant. Iam having my first child a little boy. And couldn't be any happier. But my babys father walked out on me when I just found out I was 6weeks we've planned this baby we got pregnant once but had a miscarriage so we decided to try again now im pregnant and he left im lonely sad and haven't heard from him he changed his number and I e-mail him he doesn't respond . I dont know what to do I believe we went back to his first babys mom because my friend saw her driving his car and he completly cut us out his life what do I do I am scared of raising this child by myself

Replies

• shimmifairy
    January 21, 2013 at 6:37 PM

Hi, Hunny...I'm sorry this happened to you , it sucks....

Here's what you do...You pick yourself up and take a hard look at your situation...Do you have a stable place to live? Do you have medical insurance? Do you have a way to pay your bills? If the answer to those questions is "No.", then you need to get that settled now. Talk to social services about getting WIC, and to Child Support Services about how and when to get child support set up for your baby....It will be healthier for you and the baby....Realize that he may want to visit with his child, and has that right no matter how much of a douche he is, and that the baby has the right to see him....But do not let yourself be drawn into drama...You have to be civil, but that's it, you owe him nothing else....

Realize also that any woman can unexpectedly find herself a single mother....the three D's - death, divorce and douchebaggery - can happen to anyone at anytime...You're afraid now, but you'll find you are stronger, braver smarter and more resourceful  than you ever knew you could be...You can do this

• crystal-25
    January 21, 2013 at 6:57 PM
    Thank you so much for the support I know I have to be positive its just very hard. I have a job full time and im receiving medi-cal for the baby and I will be putting him on child support. I have to sign up for wic I really appreciate your advice thank you so much.
  • themomthenurse
    January 21, 2013 at 8:36 PM

1. Take care of yourself.  Your baby needs a strong, stable Momma.

2. Don't waste time and energy worrying about why he's not taking responsibility. He's not going to change. 

3. Fear is a great motivator. Make a life for you and your son. If I can do it, anyone can.

• londonmmy23
    January 21, 2013 at 8:43 PM
    Yes like the others said pick your self up and its hard but it is so worth it a child is a blessing.
  • crystal-25
    January 21, 2013 at 9:20 PM
    Thank you both so much I am so thankful to have found support and he is my blessing!
  • victoriangavin
    January 21, 2013 at 10:17 PM
    I went through the same thing your going through now only a lil different. Don't worry about him, it will only be worse for ya'll. Seeing as he's already acting like my ds father don't expect cs. If u get it that's great but it's better to not need it than to need it and not have it. And things WILL get better :)
  • jkleinman
    January 21, 2013 at 10:18 PM

Quoting shimmifairy:

Hi, Hunny...I'm sorry this happened to you , it sucks....

Here's what you do...You pick yourself up and take a hard look at your situation...Do you have a stable place to live? Do you have medical insurance? Do you have a way to pay your bills? If the answer to those questions is "No.", then you need to get that settled now. Talk to social services about getting WIC, and to Child Support Services about how and when to get child support set up for your baby....It will be healthier for you and the baby....Realize that he may want to visit with his child, and has that right no matter how much of a douche he is, and that the baby has the right to see him....But do not let yourself be drawn into drama...You have to be civil, but that's it, you owe him nothing else....

Realize also that any woman can unexpectedly find herself a single mother....the three D's - death, divorce and douchebaggery - can happen to anyone at anytime...You're afraid now, but you'll find you are stronger, braver smarter and more resourceful  than you ever knew you could be...You can do this

• LifeCafe42
    January 21, 2013 at 11:30 PM
    Welcome I'm glad you found us!!!!
  • jessi2girls
    January 21, 2013 at 11:33 PM

Don't focus on him.. he's gone.. you look forward to that little baby.. as much as you feel lonely now, that little bundle will fill that void.. that first time you hold him, you realize you never loved anyone as much as that little boy!

Be strong, there are better men out there. 

• crystal-25
    January 22, 2013 at 1:13 PM
    Thank you all for the support . I truly appreciate all your advice thank you so much

Single Moms