Single Moms

Featured Posts
Misha1204
Has anyone ever taken a vow of celibacy?
January 21, 2013 at 8:26 AM
If so, how long did you go for? How did it work for you?

Replies

• Mommyto2LilMen
    January 21, 2013 at 8:41 AM
    No.
  • hargonagain
    January 21, 2013 at 10:43 AM

In a sense I have.  I have terrible luck with men and basically feel like I couldn't pick a good one if my life depended on it.I broke things off with my ex fiance a year ago in August, so I have been 100% single for 17 months.  I have been happier in this past 17 months than I can ever remember, focusing on my son, work, enjoying going places with my son and just working on me.  A few months ago I was talking to a guy for a few weeks, we met up at Starbucks once, but I chose not to pursue that because he wanted to just be fwb and I am no longer willing to accept that type of "relationship".

• mz23
    by mz23
    January 21, 2013 at 11:00 AM

yes. i have sworn off sex till/or if im married. sex has brought me too much trouble in my life. ive been sex free for about a year now.

• steviechick
    January 21, 2013 at 1:09 PM

I've been sex free for almost two years.  I won't even sleep with my next SO unless we are serious.  I won't  allow myself to get hurt again.  And, I'm not one to have sex so easily.  I was with the wrong man for many, many years. 

• Tish_Hughes
    January 21, 2013 at 6:43 PM

No, I've never taken a vow. I have been/am celibate but I never take a vow to do it.

• IloveNCIS
    January 21, 2013 at 7:00 PM

I have. I broke up with my ex 3 years ago and I have not  had sex in 4 years.  I am not ever planning on having relations with a guy ever again.

• BunHeadAly
    January 21, 2013 at 11:37 PM
    I've never taken that vow and I don't plan to. More power to those that have tho.
  • jessi2girls
    January 21, 2013 at 11:39 PM

A vow? no...

i'm abstinate right now by choice, yes.. I'm single, have been since I was pregnant with our second dd. She's now 2, and until recently I haven't had any desire to date.  Even if I dated now, I really am not looking for sex until the relationship gets serious... this isn't for religious reasons, but more because I'm a mother of two girls... I have an example to set. 

• conniejo75
    January 21, 2013 at 11:43 PM
    Nope. More power to those that do
  • LifeCafe42
    January 21, 2013 at 11:43 PM
    No vow

Single Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to