Single Moms

Featured Posts
hargonagain
Sacramento California area Mamas!
January 21, 2013 at 3:02 AM

There is a good possibility that I will be transferred to Sacramento in March, so I need some information about the area.  I won' t find out if I am transferring until the last week of January and I will either be transferred to 1515 S Street or to Folsom/CSP SACRAMENTO.  I am hoping I end up at S Street, but the're is a good possibility I will end up at CSP or Folsom.

What areas of Sacramento do you like?  I have a 5 year old son who is in kindergarten, which schools do you like?  Is kindergarten half day or full day?  Do Sacramento schools have an after school program for kindergartners?  Any advice for a small town girl moving to the city?  Any areas I should avoid?  

If I end up at either Folsom or CSP Sac, what are good neighborhoods in that area?  Do you know how far it is from the town of Folsom to the prisons?  Any areas to avoid while looking for housing? 

As soon as I find out for sure if I am transferring or not I am going to spend a weekend up there checking things out and looking for housing.  The suspense is killing me, lol.  I have been to Sacramento at least 20 Times, but never have lived there or looked for a place to live, a school for my son etc so I am a little over whelmed right now.  It is very intimidating because I will only have about 30days to find a place, get him enrolled in school and get moved.  I will be notified anywhere between January 28 and February 1st and my reporting date for my new job will be March 4th.  

Any advice will be appreciated!

Replies

• Mommyto2LilMen
    January 21, 2013 at 10:01 AM
    Here is a bump, I'm from North Dakota so have no advice/opinions.
  • mz23
    by mz23
    January 21, 2013 at 10:51 AM

i live nearby but dont know the area real well. my friend used to live on an old base it was  a pretty, nice, and quiet area.

• amonkeymom
    January 21, 2013 at 1:25 PM

I have no idea, but wanted to wish you much luck!

• SoltaniMommy
    February 18, 2013 at 12:42 AM

I live in Sacramento... Or a suburb of.  Of the three areas mentioned, I think I live closest to Folsom.  Which is by the way a neat little area.  Ask me anything...

my little town is Loomis, CA.  Super small, super conservative, but a big ole family.  It is seen as a horse town, but it is only 10 minutes from one of the most fab malls in Sacramento.  2 if you count the fountains.  So in essence we have the best of both worlds, small town and big city.

• conniejo75
    February 18, 2013 at 12:47 AM
    I live in Rocklin... just north of sac. Folsom is much more family oriented than the downtown area of sac.... I personally would never live in downtown or south sac. Folsom/roseville/rocklin are all better school districts and about 20-30 miles from sac. I grew up in north sacramento area. Feel free to msg me with areas / schools and I can help with whatever I can. I personally love this area of CA :)
  • conniejo75
    February 18, 2013 at 12:48 AM
    Hey neighbor... you aren't too far from me :)

Quoting SoltaniMommy:

I live in Sacramento... Or a suburb of.  Of the three areas mentioned, I think I live closest to Folsom.  Which is by the way a neat little area.  Ask me anything...

my little town is Loomis, CA.  Super small, super conservative, but a big ole family.  It is seen as a horse town, but it is only 10 minutes from one of the most fab malls in Sacramento.  2 if you count the fountains.  So in essence we have the best of both worlds, small town and big city.

• SoltaniMommy
    February 18, 2013 at 1:25 AM

Ha ha, not at all.  Not very many Rocklinites know where we are unless they have teenagers who come out to the football games at DO.  It isn't often I run into anybody from my area.  Add me.

Quoting conniejo75:

Quoting SoltaniMommy:

• conniejo75
    February 18, 2013 at 1:31 AM
    I was a band geek at Mira Loma back when i was in high school.... we used to have do the marching band competition at DO :)

Quoting SoltaniMommy:

Ha ha, not at all.  Not very many Rocklinites know where we are unless they have teenagers who come out to the football games at DO.  It isn't often I run into anybody from my area.  Add me.

Quoting conniejo75:

Quoting SoltaniMommy:

• SoltaniMommy
    February 18, 2013 at 1:34 AM

The marching band spectacular.  Been going every year for 2 years now.  Love it!

Quoting conniejo75:

I was a band geek at Mira Loma back when i was in high school.... we used to have do the marching band competition at DO :)

Quoting SoltaniMommy:

Quoting conniejo75:

Quoting SoltaniMommy:

Single Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN