Single Moms

Featured Posts
skymama10
I need some ideas
January 19, 2013 at 8:43 PM
How do you ladies clean the house with a toddler? Mine is two and if I'm trying to clean she's tearing something up in the other room or wreaking some other havoc. So other than waiting til she falls asleep what do you do?

Replies

• MommyTo5Boys
    January 19, 2013 at 8:45 PM

Save some special toys that DD is only allowed to play with during you cleaning time. Or let her "help" you give her a rag and let her lose as long as she stays in the same room as you.

• skymama10
    January 19, 2013 at 8:49 PM
    She usually helps for about two minutes before she's over it. I'm going to try setting an alarm. Ten minutes for cleaning together ten minutes playing together. It will take forever but something's gotta work right?

Quoting MommyTo5Boys:

Save some special toys that DD is only allowed to play with during you cleaning time. Or let her "help" you give her a rag and let her lose as long as she stays in the same room as you.

• londonmmy23
    January 19, 2013 at 11:17 PM
    I wait untilled she's asleep nap-bed. Its so hard if its not onething its another. She 2 as well n sometimes doesn't take naps. For example last night went 2 bed @8pm woke up@3am she's been up since then. I'm so f-ing tired
  • tyfry7496
    January 19, 2013 at 11:56 PM
    Wait until she's napping or asleep. Toddlers have about a 5 minute attention span.
  • MeeshMom
    January 20, 2013 at 12:02 AM
    Don't try to do it all in one day. Use 20 minutes max per day for chores and assign days like vacuum and floors day, bathroom day, etc. I do a load of laundry almost every day as the basket is full.
  • skymama10
    January 20, 2013 at 12:40 AM
    Why on earth didn't I think if this before? You're awesome.

Quoting MeeshMom:

Don't try to do it all in one day. Use 20 minutes max per day for chores and assign days like vacuum and floors day, bathroom day, etc. I do a load of laundry almost every day as the basket is full.

• skymama10
    January 20, 2013 at 12:41 AM
    We go to bed together at 10. I am at work when she naps.

Quoting tyfry7496:

Wait until she's napping or asleep. Toddlers have about a 5 minute attention span.

Single Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts