Single Moms

vlr4x4
Any Widowed Moms?
by vlr4x4
January 19, 2013 at 2:22 PM

Just wondering if anyone else here is in the same boat?  My husband died in a motorcycle accident 2 years ago while I was 8 weeks pregnant.  It is always so hard to find anyone who can relate to my situation (In real life and on CM or any other sites) and lord knows I've looked haha!

Replies

• First_One_8_18
    January 19, 2013 at 3:30 PM
    I can't imagine how hard that is for you :( not being able to share my children with their father, whether we're together or not, is one of my worst fears.
  • BigMamaMN
    January 19, 2013 at 3:31 PM

I'm a widow. Nice to meet you.

• vlr4x4
    by vlr4x4
    January 19, 2013 at 9:07 PM

LOL back at ya BigMama  :)  I know we can't be the only ones here!

• Christine9576
    January 20, 2013 at 7:38 PM
    I know how you feel...my SO died in 2010. I've been missing him and single ever since.
  • vlr4x4
    by vlr4x4
    January 20, 2013 at 10:31 PM

Yep 2010 here too.  Has anyone gotten remarried or is dating yet?  Did you go to grief counceling?  I never did but kinda wish I had gotten counceling at the time.

• achavez219
    January 20, 2013 at 10:55 PM

Hi momma, so sorry for your loss :( my dh died on the 4th of July, 2011.  I'm just now starting to look at dating again & I started counseling in Dec.  So far, I'm liking therapy & kinda wish I would have done it sooner.

• vlr4x4
    by vlr4x4
    January 20, 2013 at 11:10 PM

Well I'm glad there are others out there, I find it hard to relate to other single moms because I never went through a divorce or any of that.  And that's usually what people assume when you say your child's dad isn't around.  Not saying that divorce is any more/less difficult, it's just a whole different ball park.  

Achavez219 - Do you see a therapist or go to a support group?  Just curious  :)

• achavez219
    January 20, 2013 at 11:26 PM

I totally agree.  Sometimes its hard to explain the reason they aren't around & then there's that awkward silence because they don't know how to respond.

I'm currently seeing a therapist & she's great.  Since my dh commited suicide, its a bit different but I love the fact that she does grief counseling & she's not one to prescribe medications like others do (especially since she diagnosed me with PTSD).

Quoting vlr4x4:

Well I'm glad there are others out there, I find it hard to relate to other single moms because I never went through a divorce or any of that.  And that's usually what people assume when you say your child's dad isn't around.  Not saying that divorce is any more/less difficult, it's just a whole different ball park.  

• Mommyto2LilMen
    January 21, 2013 at 10:08 AM
    Welcome.
  • vlr4x4
    by vlr4x4
    January 21, 2013 at 1:05 PM

I just moved into a new house and of course my new neighbors were pretty nosy about where my husband is so I had to break down and tell them.  I think I always take people off guard because I don't get upset about it anymore when I talk about it and they always expect you to be the grieving widow.

Maybe I'll look into someone like that.  Thanks  :)

Quoting achavez219:

I totally agree.  Sometimes its hard to explain the reason they aren't around & then there's that awkward silence because they don't know how to respond.

I'm currently seeing a therapist & she's great.  Since my dh commited suicide, its a bit different but I love the fact that she does grief counseling & she's not one to prescribe medications like others do (especially since she diagnosed me with PTSD).

Quoting vlr4x4:

Single Moms