Single Moms

Featured Posts
06jdkid
custody questions...
by 06jdkid
January 19, 2013 at 12:49 PM

I have a 7 yr old son and his dad and i were never married and separated about 3 1/2 yrs ago... He is now married and has a child with his wife. He now wants to get something in writing... In the last few years he rarely talks to, let alone spends anytime with him. However, his mom insists on taking him. If we have something going on and she cant get him she calls my son's dad and complains and he calls chewing me out! do i need to get file for custody?? 

Replies

• lydi
    by lydi
    January 19, 2013 at 12:54 PM

yes i would, before he does and have documentation and all that. good luck with whatever you chose to do.

• amonkeymom
    January 19, 2013 at 6:02 PM

For the sake of consistency, I would come to some sort of written custody agreement.  You don't have to go to court, but if you don't I suggest you and your son's dad meet at the bank and have the agreement notarized when you each sign it.

Quoting 06jdkid:

I have a 7 yr old son and his dad and i were never married and separated about 3 1/2 yrs ago... He is now married and has a child with his wife. He now wants to get something in writing... In the last few years he rarely talks to, let alone spends anytime with him. However, his mom insists on taking him. If we have something going on and she cant get him she calls my son's dad and complains and he calls chewing me out! do i need to get file for custody?? 

• sunshine389142
    January 19, 2013 at 9:37 PM

I don't think you need to file for custody.  you have custody.  it should be your son's father's responsibility to make sure that his mother gets the opportunity to see him.  I never take my daughter to see her family on her dad's side.  that may change at somepoint, but its again, its not my job to do that.  And even if he files for something when it comes to custody...i would be surprised if they gave him more than whatever minimum parenting time guidelines are since he has not beeing seeing him much.  I guess, I wouldn't worry too much if I were you - but if would make you feel better, you could try to get something filed or talk to an attorney.  they would be able to give you better advice and know the laws in your state regarding custody and parenting time.

• londonmmy23
    January 19, 2013 at 11:42 PM
    Yes file ASAP maybe even get cs.
  • 06jdkid
    by 06jdkid
    January 23, 2013 at 7:12 PM

i have been receiving child support  the whole time and he is current with it...

Single Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts