Single Moms

siindy0625
This mans ignorance is incredibly stupid.
January 19, 2013 at 12:39 PM
Ok so the father of my two kids confessed to me last night that he's only going for full custody cause i called the cops on his aunt for harassing me and that his cousin has been selling weed from his house and that he has had his cousins underage girlfriend drinking their with them now you would think after having two kids common sense would hit in and he would grow up a lil but no this man is just ridiculously stupid...i work part time trying to take care and provide for my boys,take them to doctors and do everything for them and get them what they need this man has lied to me saying he doesn't have a job but has been buying stuff for our sons..ok then how come he hasn't bring me diapers,formula,wipes not even ten dollars for the kids...this man and his family have been nothing but physically abusive to me during my pregnancies and after o had the kids...so why should i let him take them for the weekend i do however allow him visitations.

Replies

• lydi
    by lydi
    January 19, 2013 at 12:51 PM

in your situation i think visitations only are the safest option. sorry you have so much to deal with with him and his family

• victoriangavin
    January 19, 2013 at 2:58 PM
    I hope you got what he said on record or recorded it if it was a phone call
  • siindy0625
    January 21, 2013 at 2:37 AM
    Thanks lydi can you believe i asked him to come see them next thing i saw was him covered in hickeys...how disrespectful is that..he complains about me not letting him take them and spend time with them which is not true cause i let him come see them he just doesn't wanna take the 2 min walk from his house to mines to do it but yet he's out their messing around n partying...i won't let him take them cause his abusive history & criminal record...but im just mad at the fact that he finds a hoe more important than he's two kids

Quoting lydi:

in your situation i think visitations only are the safest option. sorry you have so much to deal with with him and his family

• siindy0625
    January 21, 2013 at 2:38 AM
    No i didn't get to record it i guess it just slipped out with out him thinking but i know him and he's always saying things like that you will definite be ready next time he comes

Quoting victoriangavin:

• victoriangavin
    January 21, 2013 at 7:36 AM
    Good, it can be used against him in court

Quoting siindy0625:

No i didn't get to record it i guess it just slipped out with out him thinking but i know him and he's always saying things like that you will definite be ready next time he comes

Quoting victoriangavin:

• Jennyanne322
    January 21, 2013 at 7:41 AM
    You didn't know what a crap father he was before getting pregnant by him a second time?
  • lancet98
    January 21, 2013 at 7:52 AM

Ignorance is not knowing something.

Stupid is a person not using what they DO know.

Congratulations to this man, he has both.

But that said, when someone is that irrational, there is probably substance abuse involved or some other mental impairment.

The thing is, I think that maybe the threat to take away children in that sort of situation is usually a threat and nothing more.   They are unlikely to get custody of children when the household is falling apart like that.   They're unlikely to have anything like a real interest in kids, too, or be able to provide a safe environment for them. 

And for him to just tell you what's going on so freely, I'd say there is something pretty major impairing his judgement.

My suggestion is to get a case worker at Child Protective Services, and make sure that you tell him/her that this man who wants custody of the kids is a drug user in a drug using household.   Did you mention an underage girl being in the house?   I'd be sure to mention that.   Be sure anything you tell the CPS worker can be verified.

• Mommyto2LilMen
    January 21, 2013 at 9:57 AM
    Be sure you let your lawyer know everything he told you.
  • siindy0625
    January 21, 2013 at 10:00 AM
    I know i tell myself everyday that i guess i was dumb enough to lay down and have another one with him but if he doesn't wanna be a part of their life then that's his loss not mines i don't mind taking care of my babies he left me at the hospital when i had my second son so like i said its his loss not mines im doing what i gotta do to provide for my babies and i just got my raise and my promotion so im excited for my kids.

Quoting Jennyanne322:

You didn't know what a crap father he was before getting pregnant by him a second time?

• siindy0625
    January 21, 2013 at 10:02 AM
    I can't afford a lawyer hun i just started working the day before new years

Quoting Mommyto2LilMen:

Be sure you let your lawyer know everything he told you.

Single Moms