Single Moms

StayingStrong91
Would anyone??
January 18, 2013 at 3:25 PM
Would any of you care to hear my story and/or help me with "getting myself together advice?"

Replies

• momma1708
    January 18, 2013 at 3:52 PM

Go right ahead. We all need help at some point. Don't wait for someone to ask you to tell your story. We have all told ours. 

• brieri
    by brieri
    January 18, 2013 at 4:39 PM

Hi and welcome to the group.

• StayingStrong91
    January 18, 2013 at 4:41 PM
    Well the father of my son and unborn baby left us this past Monday to Texas I've been with him for four years and he has left me quite a few times in our relationship. Our 1st year he left to Texas for a week to go see his brothers, then when I became five months pregnant he cheated on me with his ex came back to me and cheated again three days later I ignored him awhile but idiotically went back to him and after my son was born 11-1-11 he came to live with me and I live with my parents cuz I didn't have a job and he has been unemployed since August that year. Then after my son was over 6 months I got a job at elementary school in town as a dishwasher and that's my current job. I needed to be able to take care of my son and buy him and myself things we needed. On other hand my baby daddy was home doing nothing and my parents and I kept pressuring him for a job then my mother told him he had 30 days to get a job but he didn't he told us he was going to Texas to work for a couple of months and he said he'd send me money and come back but we all know he's not coming back and if he does idk what to do or think and I'm struggling cuz $400 a month is not enough for my son, self and new baby coming this August and I don't want to get a full 8 hr job cuz nobody out here to watch my son and not many people going to hire a pregnant lady. So I'm lonely and financially stressed out
  • amonkeymom
    January 18, 2013 at 6:24 PM

Welcome to the group, I can see why you're feeling stressed out. 

Have you applied for financial, child care and food stamp assistance?  What about WIC?  If not, you definitely will want to start there so that you're better able to provide for your child and the one-to-be.

Quoting StayingStrong91:

Well the father of my son and unborn baby left us this past Monday to Texas I've been with him for four years and he has left me quite a few times in our relationship. Our 1st year he left to Texas for a week to go see his brothers, then when I became five months pregnant he cheated on me with his ex came back to me and cheated again three days later I ignored him awhile but idiotically went back to him and after my son was born 11-1-11 he came to live with me and I live with my parents cuz I didn't have a job and he has been unemployed since August that year. Then after my son was over 6 months I got a job at elementary school in town as a dishwasher and that's my current job. I needed to be able to take care of my son and buy him and myself things we needed. On other hand my baby daddy was home doing nothing and my parents and I kept pressuring him for a job then my mother told him he had 30 days to get a job but he didn't he told us he was going to Texas to work for a couple of months and he said he'd send me money and come back but we all know he's not coming back and if he does idk what to do or think and I'm struggling cuz $400 a month is not enough for my son, self and new baby coming this August and I don't want to get a full 8 hr job cuz nobody out here to watch my son and not many people going to hire a pregnant lady. So I'm lonely and financially stressed out

• Robsessed98
    January 18, 2013 at 6:43 PM

Of course. That's what we're here for.

• StayingStrong91
    January 18, 2013 at 8:45 PM
    I don't qualify for welfare
  • blondieinva80
    January 18, 2013 at 10:53 PM
    How do you not qualify for foodstamps or wic? $400 a month is well below poverty level...that is weird.
  • LifeCafe42
    January 19, 2013 at 9:33 AM
    Welcome find out what you qualify for wic is helpful call 211 it's a great resource
  • StayingStrong91
    January 19, 2013 at 11:21 AM
    I have to be 23 and the wic I forgot what they told me
  • londonmmy23
    January 19, 2013 at 11:40 PM
    Where do you live that is such BS.

Single Moms