Single Moms

Featured Posts
LauraMH
Doedorant??
by LauraMH
January 18, 2013 at 12:38 PM

Ok, so I know this is an odd question but I am going to ask it anyway. At what age should a boy start wearing deodorant? My son turns 9 in  less than a month and he asked to use some the other day. I let him but now I am wondering if he should be using it daily now. He sweats a LOT but doesn't have a b.o. smell or anything. He has always been a sweaty kid. Is it necessary to have him use it at such a young age or should he be older??

Replies

• breebree04
    January 18, 2013 at 12:45 PM

I dont think its necessary for him to use it if hes not stinky but I started buying it for my son when he was 9 because he wanted it. He doesnt use it everyday but if I remember I will tell him when hes getting ready to put some on. He will be hitting puberty soon and will start getting smelly so I figure teach him good hygiene now so he will be clean and take care of himself properly when he really needs to

• LauraMH
    by LauraMH
    January 18, 2013 at 1:14 PM

Thank you for the reply. I agree that teaching good hygiene habits is essential at a young age too. I will probably just get him some, I just felt silly thinking of buying deodorant for a 9yo.

Quoting breebree04:

I dont think its necessary for him to use it if hes not stinky but I started buying it for my son when he was 9 because he wanted it. He doesnt use it everyday but if I remember I will tell him when hes getting ready to put some on. He will be hitting puberty soon and will start getting smelly so I figure teach him good hygiene now so he will be clean and take care of himself properly when he really needs to

• brieri
    by brieri
    January 18, 2013 at 4:50 PM

If his underarms shirts show sweat, I guess that;s about the time to introduce it to him on a daily basis.

• deltathree
    January 18, 2013 at 4:51 PM

when they start to stink!

• KRIZZ25
    by KRIZZ25
    January 18, 2013 at 4:51 PM
    wen thy need it.
  • MsLogansMommy
    January 18, 2013 at 5:08 PM

my dd is 6 and she used deodorant she has great hygiene bathes every day etc but she can seriously start to sweat seconds after she gets out of the shower my kid plays hard

• Robsessed98
    January 18, 2013 at 6:48 PM

Deodorant is ok, but I remember hearing somewhere along the way that they shouldn't use anti-perspirant until they reach puberty. No clue where I got that, but I know I read it a long time ago.

• ckmom2013
    January 18, 2013 at 9:19 PM
    My friends daughter is 4 and she gets musky! So she uses it.
  • LifeCafe42
    January 19, 2013 at 9:35 AM
    Every kid is different if he wants to why not he may feel like he is getting stinky after recess etc
  • abusednotbroken
    January 19, 2013 at 11:01 AM

Hey, friend! I think just when he begins being smelly. A lot of deoderants plug up pores, which isn't healthy. I actually started using perfume/body spray in place of deoderant.

Single Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts