Single Moms

Cafe AmyS
Welcome to the Single Moms group! Please introduce yourself... Get started here!
January 17, 2013 at 12:30 PM

Hi,

Thank you for joining the Single Moms group!

This is a great place to find support, advice and friendship from other single moms like you!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. Please make yourself at home and join in!

• To add a New Post to a group, click on the "Add a Post" button at the top of the group.
  • To add a Reply to a post, click on the "Reply to Post' button at the top of the post you're replying to.
  • If you're responding to someone's reply, click on the "Quote" button at the bottom of the reply that you're commenting on and then add your reply.
  • Once you start posting and replying on the Groups, you can follow up on your conversations using the links under the 'My Activity' tab at the top of every page.

Please introduce yourself in the replies below and then say hello to some of the other moms who've introduced themselves recently. You can 'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well. Feel free to send out some friend invitations by clicking on the 'friend Invite' link at the bottom of their reply.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm always happy to help!

have a nice day Amy

PS - Here are some helpful links: 

If you ever have a question or need any help, feel free to send me a private message. 

We really want you to have a great time in this group!

Replies

• Cafe AmyS
    January 23, 2013 at 2:10 PM

welcome  Congrats on graduation, that's great!

Quoting LoveLoveMyBaby:

I'm a single mom of the greatest little boy in the world, he is my heart.  I graduated college may 2012 and was not able to find a job so I ended up moving back to kansas and we now live with my parents. I still haven't found a job and I'm so unsure of our future that I'm terrified. I've been with my son 24/7 for so long now that I don't even know if I can handle being away from him all day. His father claims he loves him but he calls like every three weeks or so and only sees him on major holidays. He pays minimal child support and expects me to move closer to where he lives so that his life is not interrupted ( so he doesn't have to find a new group of women to sleep with). I just don't know what to do anymore. I need some inspiration and support .

• Cafe AmyS
    January 23, 2013 at 2:10 PM

Welcome to the group!

Quoting 2lilguysmommy:

29 years old single mom of 2 lil guys. their ages are 5 and 4. looking to meet other moms in my area. i live in kansas. are there any other moms in kansas?

• Cafe AmyS
    January 23, 2013 at 2:11 PM

Hi Ana!  I'm so sorry about your relationship not working out, but you'll do great.

Quoting mom4ever563:

Hi my name is Ana.  I am in the midst of separating from my husband of 33 yrs,  Its a hard transition for me as well as my children.  I would like to know how to become independent and start from scratch.  I am on disability but of course that isnt enough to care for me, the home and the two children that will be living with me.  Can I get some advice? Hopefully I will start on the right track.  

• Cafe AmyS
    January 23, 2013 at 2:12 PM

Welcome to the group!  You're right about actions vs. words.

Quoting mom4ever563:

I have 33 years of experience in marriage and what I picked up is that Love is just a word.  You can tell a dog you love him and the moment your landlord tells you no dog (not you per say - I mean the majority) will get rid of the dog over moving.  Action speaks louder than words.  Where there is love there is an action backing it up.  Why do you have to make the move when you are the one caring for your and his child.  Besides if the move conveniences you and your child,  that is why you should not for the father's comfort.

• Cafe AmyS

Hi Wendy, welcome to the Single Moms group!

Quoting massconfusion14:

Hi, I'm Wendy. I have a 13 month old baby girl. I have been taking care of her completely by myself since day 1. My family does not even help me and I have a full time profession (computer programmer) which means I am extremely busy and feel like I am going to break down sometimes. I will post on the main page an issue that I need advice on.

• Cafe AmyS

Welcome Shannon!

Quoting irish3680:

Hello ladies! My name is Shannon and I am a single mom to three amazing children, Ella is 6, Mya is 3.5, and Cal is 2. I have been a single mom since May. I look forward to meeting and talking with you all! 

I recently started blogging about being a single mom and other things that come to my heart. My goal is to encourage other single moms. Please check out my blog at www.thecsmom.blogspot.com and FB page: Celebratory Single Mom

Shannon

• KerryJTL
    January 23, 2013 at 8:45 PM

Just saying Hi, I am a single mom of a 4 year old boy. 

• Mommy_jessaboo
    January 24, 2013 at 6:11 AM

Hi I'm Jessica. I have two kids. My 3 year old boy his name is Taylor and my 5 month old daughter Madelynne. I am a single mom.. My kids have different dads. My sons father left when I was 2 months pregnant and has only been seen a few times after that. Then my daughters dad.. We were together on and off for a year and I got pregnant and we were together for about six months of my pregnancy, I ended moving into his parents house with him, but he ended up going behind my back with a previous on again off again ex and moved out to live with her while I'm currently still living in his parents house. The whole time he has been with his ex he tells me that he still wants to be with me and that he loves me and wants to be a family. It never got passed that point though. He only sees the kids about once a month. About two days after christmas his parents told me I needed to be out by the end of this month.. So i proceeded to tell my daughters father that this was going on. So his plan was to get an apartment together because I had no where else to go and he claimed that he wanted to get back together.. Well that was at the beginning of the month. So today I get a call from him (which by the way I hadn't talked to him since he said we should get an apartment.) He starts saying how he wants to take our daughter every other weekend and decides to tell me that his girlfriend is pregnant.. Im totally heartbroken even after everything he had already done to me I still completely love him and wanted to be with him.. Which is why I'm here now on this site. I want to come on here and find people that can relate to me, and just have someone to talk to. 

• WillowsMommy25
    January 24, 2013 at 10:03 AM

Hi I'm Kristina, I am 23 years old..single momma of a beautiful 7 month old baby girl :) I am new to the site, just looking for other single moms and possibly playdates with other kiddos :)

• WillowsMommy25
    January 24, 2013 at 10:08 AM

Hi there, I am so sorry all of this has happened to you :( I can relate a little being that my 7 month old daughters father left me when I found out I was pregnant. He wanted me to have an abortion and I refused so he left. It is a very painful and tough situation but we have to remember that WE are the ones with the blessing..which is out children. We as women are so much stronger than men...obviously you and I both got stuff with extremely weak men that cannot own up to their responsibility. I can be your person to talk to if you'd like! :) Don't let this mess break your heart, you are a strong woman and need to continue to be an amazing mother to your children...let them be your focus (which I'm sure they are). He isn't even worth your time or tears girl!

Single Moms