Single Moms

ckmom2013
So frustrated with my kids paternal grandparents and family!
January 15, 2013 at 10:07 PM
What do I do with these people. My kids father plays hide and seek. He's around one month, the next he isn't. With that being said, I don't understand why his mom, dad, brother, or aunts NEVER call to check on my kids, never call to spend time with them, and they are so ignorant that they don't even answer when I call. I don't harass them or anything. It's like the whole family are deadbeats. I don't understand why they don't like my kids or care about tjem when they are innocent. Does anyone else have this problem? They take his side everytime he is wrong.

Replies

• Mommyto2LilMen
    January 15, 2013 at 10:08 PM

So sorry *HUGS*

• mytrueloveS
    January 16, 2013 at 12:38 AM

My ex's family is that way.  I don't care, if they want to be involved in my son's life, they'll call.  He met his grandparents last year, he's 5 by the way. As for the ex, oh mine better show up every weekend from now on.  If he doesn't it's back to the visitation order and that one he must follow or I'm reporting.  There's no excuse as to why they don't show up to pick up their kids.   I finally got fed up with my ex making his own rules.  Be more strict with them, these are your children, they don't deserve to be taken as a joke.  

• ckmom2013
    January 16, 2013 at 8:55 AM
    We stopped following court schedule. I told him to take me back to court since he can't handle the responsibility of picking up his children on his own and on a regular basis. He refuses. So since he doesn't care, neither do I . Their last visit was Christmas and of course he only took them because it was a holiday. You know, so my kids can appear in their family photos and to show them off to others that visit. Since I knkw that is the reason, I stopped letting them go there. Especially since he says hes coming and doesnt show up or he waits until likr 30 minutes before he wants to get them and says let me know when they are dressed. Sorry it doesnt work that way. We work around my schedule not yours buddy. Im the one with the full time job and full time job as a mom. You cant come around when you are ready and expect me to say ok and rush to get them dressed. And he gives me a time limit to get them dressed . You had days to let me know you wanted to get them, so you wait til the last minute and Im too busy or tired than too damn bad.

Quoting mytrueloveS:

My ex's family is that way.  I don't care, if they want to be involved in my son's life, they'll call.  He met his grandparents last year, he's 5 by the way. As for the ex, oh mine better show up every weekend from now on.  If he doesn't it's back to the visitation order and that one he must follow or I'm reporting.  There's no excuse as to why they don't show up to pick up their kids.   I finally got fed up with my ex making his own rules.  Be more strict with them, these are your children, they don't deserve to be taken as a joke.  

• ckmom2013
    January 16, 2013 at 8:56 AM
    We stopped following court schedule. I told him to take me back to court since he can't handle the responsibility of picking up his children on his own and on a regular basis. He refuses. So since he doesn't care, neither do I . Their last visit was Christmas and of course he only took them because it was a holiday. You know, so my kids can appear in their family photos and to show them off to others that visit. Since I knkw that is the reason, I stopped letting them go there. Especially since he says hes coming and doesnt show up or he waits until likr 30 minutes before he wants to get them and says let me know when they are dressed. Sorry it doesnt work that way. We work around my schedule not yours buddy. Im the one with the full time job and full time job as a mom. You cant come around when you are ready and expect me to say ok and rush to get them dressed. And he gives me a time limit to get them dressed . You had days to let me know you wanted to get them, so you wait til the last minute and Im too busy or tired than too damn bad.

Quoting mytrueloveS:

• easinpc
    by easinpc
    January 16, 2013 at 9:39 AM

Hugs!!

• justahousewife
    January 16, 2013 at 1:42 PM
    I have the opposite problem. My ex-dh's family is great. His parents and siblings all make an effort to make the kids feel loved. He though can't be bothered to send a card and has put three states between us so no visits. I got fooled, thinking being from an upstanding family I was marrying an upstanding guy. Lol He was obviously the black sheep.
  • skyelyns_mommie
    January 16, 2013 at 6:37 PM

eh im lucky, my ex and his family pretend me and my daughter are dead so i dont deal with them

• mhaney03
    January 16, 2013 at 6:40 PM

I am happy as a pig in shit that his family doesn't bother me.  After how they tried (and won, partly) to sabatoge my marriage and use my kids to make themselves look like victims, fuck em.

• LOLOSMOMMY11
    January 16, 2013 at 7:20 PM

WHEN I WAS PREG I WAS WITH MY SONS FATHER, AND THEY NEVER CARED ABOUT ME WHEN I WAS PREG WELL HE DIDNT EITHER. ANYWAY WHEN THE BABY WAS BORN THEY WENT TO THE HOSP MAY 2 DAYS,I WAS THERE FOR 4 DAYS. THEN THEY STARTED COMING TO MY HOUSE TO SEE THE BABY AND ALL OF A SUDDEN AROUND 1 MONTH OF HIM BEING BORN THEY STOPPED COMING. MY SONS FATHER SAYS THAT ITS MY FAULT BECAUSE I DONT TAKE THE BABY TO THEM. BUT THATS NOT MY PROB TO TAKE MY SON TO THEM, IF THEY WANTED TO KEEP SEEING HIM THEY COULD OF KEPT COMING. THEY JUST STOPPED COMING AND EVEN CALLING. THEN WHEN THEY BABY WAS ABOUT 6 MTHS HE STOPPED COMING AROUND. LET ME TELL YOU NOT ONCE DID I CALL HIS FAMILY OR HIM TO COME SEE THE BABY OR ANYTHING. IF THEY REALLY WANTED TO BE INVOLVED THEN THEY SHOULD OF MADE MOVES.

• LifeCafe42
    January 16, 2013 at 7:45 PM
    I'm sorry I tried for a year and they made minimal attempt for 2. Just like you can't force someone to be a dad you can't force the family either

Single Moms