Single Moms

EducatedMommie
Would you ever?
January 15, 2013 at 6:21 PM

I know this woman who is around 26 and has two children.  She is divorced and according to her the marriage was really bad....cheating and abuse.  She has been messing around with this guy and she openly admitted that she has been pregnant by him twice within a span of six months....one was aborted and the other was a miscarriage.  She said that he wasn't supportive at all through any of this.....SO WHY WOULD YOU KEEP SEEING HIM??  Well, she did and ended up with an STD.  Shortly after the STD situation she finds out that he is on at least "dating" websites.  They are now back together......and there are so many more parts to this story that I don't want to take the time to type.

Would you risk being in a relationship with someone like this?  I can't believe she would put her children in this mess after everything they have been through already.

Replies

• Robsessed98
    January 15, 2013 at 6:28 PM

She obviously has either zero self-esteem or a mental issue. No woman in their right mind would go back to someone like that if she managed to get away from him in the first place. She gets zero sympathy from me.

• EducatedMommie
    January 15, 2013 at 6:31 PM

Not that it makes much difference but the man she was married to and the man she is seeing now are two different people.  I guess I didn't make that clear.

• lydi
    by lydi
    January 15, 2013 at 7:12 PM

no, especially since kids are involved

• Hellopitty
    January 15, 2013 at 9:32 PM

Hell to the no! If she were my friend I would be tempted to render her uconscious and she would wake up to her very own intervention!

• camommy08
    January 15, 2013 at 9:35 PM

no i would never take a guy like that back.

• PoplarGrove
    January 15, 2013 at 10:12 PM

There's something called abused woman syndrome and I'd bet your friend has it.  SHe doesn't get out because for her that's all she knows.  I'd bet there was abuse in her family growing up as well.  I really feel sorry for her and her children.

• Mommyto2LilMen
    January 15, 2013 at 10:16 PM

Heck no

• EducatedMommie
    January 15, 2013 at 10:18 PM

Quoting PoplarGrove:

There's something called abused woman syndrome and I'd bet your friend has it.  SHe doesn't get out because for her that's all she knows.  I'd bet there was abuse in her family growing up as well.  I really feel sorry for her and her children.

I do too but I tried the best I could to impress on her that she was much better than that.  I hope that someday she understands or sees it....she has great kids.

• LauraMH
    by LauraMH
    January 15, 2013 at 10:32 PM

Abused women can have a very difficult time leaving their abuser. When you look at the relationship from the outside you can see how horrible it is, but to her it is normal. Abuse is so much more than physical battery, it includes a multitude of mental manipulations and control.

I know it is hard but just continue to be there and support your friend, that is what she needs. Don't try to tell her what to do though, at this point it will do no good. She has to get the point on her own where enough is enough. I do feel very sorry for her and the children. Abuse is a very difficult thing and too many people in this world don't understand and blame victims.

• EducatedMommie
    January 15, 2013 at 10:43 PM

She is no longer with her abusive husband....they divorced nearly two years ago.  The man she has been on and off with is not abusing her but he isn't a good person.....

Single Moms