Single Moms

Featured Posts
Carmalita28
How do you find time to date, and find a guy wanting to date someone with kids?
January 13, 2013 at 1:34 PM

I find it hard to fit in time to go get my nails and hair done. Let alone fit in time to find someone, and go on a date. Mon-Fri I go to work, pick up kids, cook, and go to bed. Weekends are sleep in, relax, and get the kids out of the house. I don't know how other moms do it, and still have the energy to do it.

Replies

• cem1045
    by cem1045
    January 13, 2013 at 1:43 PM
    I agree! I have a similar schedule and there is no time or energy left over, and I do not agree with carrying my daughter on a date. I do not have a problem with finding guys who want to date women with kids, they dont seem to mind. I do have trouble finding a guy who is worth time away from my kid though!
  • Kid_Cat_Mom2005
    January 13, 2013 at 1:46 PM
    Yep, I'm in the same situation. My guess is the moms have babysitters or family support. For me, I don't have any family support and cant afford the extra daycare costs. I don't plan on dating for a long time.
  • cem1045
    by cem1045
    January 13, 2013 at 2:00 PM
    I agree! I have a similar schedule and there is no time or energy left over, and I do not agree with carrying my daughter on a date. I do not have a problem with finding guys who want to date women with kids, they dont seem to mind. I do have trouble finding a guy who is worth time away from my kid though!
  • cem1045
    by cem1045
    January 13, 2013 at 2:01 PM
    Oops accidentally reposted..
  • cem1045
    by cem1045
    January 13, 2013 at 2:06 PM
    I do have great family support, but they watch her when I'm working, I would feel bad asking them to watch her so i can go hang out to, they do so much already...I'm feel awful u do not have family support, I am not sure how I would have made it this far, i am still working on a plan to afford an apartment and daycare at the same time!
  • abusednotbroken
    January 13, 2013 at 2:27 PM

I could recommend one thing--just cook on the weekend. Pick about 4 hours and get all burners on the stove going with what you want to eat for the week. Arrange any other foods in a similar way. my oldest is in kindergarten. I put all her stuff for her lunches in baggies--sandwiches, crackers, etc-- and have her prepare them every day. I instructed her on how to do it and it saves a lot of time than having to do it each morning. Both practices will save you a great deal of time.

Maybe you can find another mom looking to date too and trade off watching the kids to go out on a date.

• KRIZZ25
    by KRIZZ25
    January 13, 2013 at 2:32 PM
    idk..i squeeze it in sometimes but not often.
  • Childofares
    January 13, 2013 at 3:04 PM

I have no time for dating. I have family support but my Mom already watches my son on Saturday nights while I work and I spend my Friday nights and every available moment I have studying as I'm working and going to school full time. My Mom always offers if I ever want to go out..in fact she is encouraging it but I wouldn't have anyone to go with even if I thought I could justify it.

• cem1045
    by cem1045
    January 13, 2013 at 5:33 PM
    That sounds exactly like me, I guess we need to go somewhere to meet someone to have a date with. My little girl is almost 2 and her dad n i had a horrific split, it may be that I haven't been ready to date, so its easy to not find time.
  • wendythewriter
    January 13, 2013 at 8:49 PM

When I have tried to date, finding men who were okay with the fact that I had kids wasn't really a problem. The problem has always been, as others have said, finding that one that is worth giving up time with my kids (or reading, or watching a movie, or...watching paintr dry. lol).

I think, for me, at this point, I've just accepted that I don't really want to date right now. I think if I did want to date, I would find a way to make it happen - kind of like I did when I was single without kids. I found ways to get off of work, ditch a friend, whatever to go out with the guy I wanted to go out with. And since I don't want to do that now, I figure it means I just really don't want to date.

Every now and then I do dip a toe into the waters, see what's out there. It usually doesn't go anywhere. lol

Single Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts