Single Moms

Featured Posts
wigglesmomma22
Is this odd??
January 10, 2013 at 9:26 PM

I am a full time nursing student and I have child care for my DD.  The lady who watches her will tell me in advance if she needs a day off.  She asked for a week off in April.  I CAN"T miss class.  I asked my ex today if he minded if I called his ex wife to watch our DD as a back up.  I don't know anyone in town, and while I don't necessarily appreciate the way she raises her kids, I know they are well cared for.  He said that was fine, so I called her and she agreed.  How weird is this situation??

Replies

• lydi
    by lydi
    January 10, 2013 at 9:34 PM

i guess it is a little weird, but you have to do what you have to do and all that matters is she is well taken care of. i think it is great that you are able to have that help

• brieri
    by brieri
    January 10, 2013 at 10:06 PM

Weird? Then why would you ask her to watch them?.  I hate it when my ex tells me can his wife watch our kids.  While I don't appreciate her attitude, I don't have any choice in the matter - I do know he's against court orders though.

• LifeCafe42
    January 10, 2013 at 10:34 PM
    I'm glad you found someone I know how stressful child care can be
  • Mommyto2LilMen
    January 10, 2013 at 10:49 PM

Seems a little weird, but I am guessing your DD knows her so as long as you are comfortable with her there, it's all good!

• tyfry7496
    January 10, 2013 at 10:51 PM
    As long as your daughter is well cared for and you are comfortable with the person watching her, who cares if its weird or not?
  • shudderette
    January 10, 2013 at 10:53 PM

this. You do what ya gotta do.

Quoting tyfry7496:

As long as your daughter is well cared for and you are comfortable with the person watching her, who cares if its weird or not?

• mytrueloveS
    January 10, 2013 at 11:03 PM

I wouldn't get my ex's wife to watch my son.  But, if your daughter is comfortable with her, I don't see a problem with it.  

• mz23
    by mz23
    January 10, 2013 at 11:09 PM
    Yea but as long as you trust her and your able to still attend your classes, it's all good ; )

Single Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN