Single Moms

wigglesmomma22
Is this odd??
January 10, 2013 at 9:26 PM

I am a full time nursing student and I have child care for my DD.  The lady who watches her will tell me in advance if she needs a day off.  She asked for a week off in April.  I CAN"T miss class.  I asked my ex today if he minded if I called his ex wife to watch our DD as a back up.  I don't know anyone in town, and while I don't necessarily appreciate the way she raises her kids, I know they are well cared for.  He said that was fine, so I called her and she agreed.  How weird is this situation??

Replies

• lydi
    by lydi
    January 10, 2013 at 9:34 PM

i guess it is a little weird, but you have to do what you have to do and all that matters is she is well taken care of. i think it is great that you are able to have that help

• brieri
    by brieri
    January 10, 2013 at 10:06 PM

Weird? Then why would you ask her to watch them?.  I hate it when my ex tells me can his wife watch our kids.  While I don't appreciate her attitude, I don't have any choice in the matter - I do know he's against court orders though.

• LifeCafe42
    January 10, 2013 at 10:34 PM
    I'm glad you found someone I know how stressful child care can be
  • Mommyto2LilMen
    January 10, 2013 at 10:49 PM

Seems a little weird, but I am guessing your DD knows her so as long as you are comfortable with her there, it's all good!

• tyfry7496
    January 10, 2013 at 10:51 PM
    As long as your daughter is well cared for and you are comfortable with the person watching her, who cares if its weird or not?
  • shudderette
    January 10, 2013 at 10:53 PM

this. You do what ya gotta do.

Quoting tyfry7496:

As long as your daughter is well cared for and you are comfortable with the person watching her, who cares if its weird or not?

• mytrueloveS
    January 10, 2013 at 11:03 PM

I wouldn't get my ex's wife to watch my son.  But, if your daughter is comfortable with her, I don't see a problem with it.  

• mz23
    by mz23
    January 10, 2013 at 11:09 PM
    Yea but as long as you trust her and your able to still attend your classes, it's all good ; )

Single Moms