Single Moms

Featured Posts
Mama_Gillogley
1st day of a brand new term!!
January 8, 2013 at 12:59 AM

Any other single mothers out there who are in college? I just want to give a shout out to all of you and say that this term is going to rock. I'm taking medical terminology II, stress management, a basic HIPPA class and a digital photography class.

I'm also studying for my college's nursing program's entrance exam and am applying THIS JUNE for the nursing program- this is my main focus this term (there's less than a 1 in 4 chance that I'll get in my first try).

I'm jazzed and nervous and overwhelmed... what classes are all of you college single moms taking this term? What are your goals? What made you decide to go to college??

Love to all the single mamas out there, we can do it!

Replies

• mz23
    by mz23
    January 8, 2013 at 2:06 AM
    I start next week. I'm taking physiology. I'm trying to get into nursing also. I have physio and micro left but I am not going to take them at the same time so I'm also taking computer science with physio. are you taking the hessi or teas test? Someone told me to take the test after finishing physio so I prob will be taking the teas in the summer as well!
  • KatRory1988
    January 8, 2013 at 6:06 AM

My first day was yesrerday as well and am also going into nusing. I am taking my state tested nursing assistant class, med terminology, and a computer class. I have already applied to my nursing program and am just waiting for the dean of nursing and some of the other teachers to have their meeting and make a decision about whether or not I will be able to start the nursing program this fall. I hope so. Good luck to all the single mothers that are in school. This semester is going to be great.

• tyfry7496
    January 8, 2013 at 7:41 AM
    I started a math class last night. Then College Algebra, Heritage of Faith. I take a different class every 6 weeks.
  • victoriahearts
    January 8, 2013 at 10:15 AM

Good luck to all you mommas in schools.

• themomthenurse
    January 8, 2013 at 10:19 AM

You can do this! I graduated with my Associates in Nursing last July. It was challenging but worth it. I am now weighing my options for RN to BSN. If you have any questions about nursing school, just ask. 

• MissTuree
    January 8, 2013 at 12:10 PM

My classes don't start for another 2 weeks. Thank goodness! lol

I'm taking Calculus, Bio II, Chem II, Physics II lecture, Physics II lab.

In what feels like a million years I'll get my MD and specialize in dermatology. This is what I've always wanted to do with my life....so I'm doing it. haha

• SexyDiva19
    January 8, 2013 at 12:30 PM

I was supposed to start yesterday but decided to sit this semester out. I will try to go back in the summer though

• SexyDiva19
    January 8, 2013 at 12:42 PM

More power to you! I hate math. How old are you? How long have you been in school? How much longer do you have to go?

My goal when I was growing up was to become a pediatrician. I was going to finish high school, go to college and be done by like 35 graduating with a MD but now I have no clue what I want to do.

Quoting MissTuree:

In what feels like a million years I'll get my MD and specialize in dermatology. This is what I've always wanted to do with my life....so I'm doing it. haha

• MissTuree
    January 8, 2013 at 12:58 PM

It's weird, in high school and even up until I was about 24 I hated math too. Then out of nowhere it just clicked for me. Now it is definitely my easy class.

I'm 27. I've taken classes here and there since I was 19, I just started going full time a year and a half ago. I'll get my Associates this summer and then move to a 4 year in the fall for my BS. Strictly on the school standing I have about 6 1/2 years of school left. From there I will have about 4 years in a resident program.

Sure, I'll be 40 by the time I start practicing and I will still be in college when my son is in high school. It's well worth it though, if I gave up on this dream I would never forgive myself. It's never too late to start your dream!

Quoting SexyDiva19:

More power to you! I hate math. How old are you? How long have you been in school? How much longer do you have to go?

My goal when I was growing up was to become a pediatrician. I was going to finish high school, go to college and be done by like 35 graduating with a MD but now I have no clue what I want to do.

Quoting MissTuree:

• SexyDiva19
    January 8, 2013 at 1:26 PM

Yea, my son will be 8 at the end of this month and I'll be 25 in Sept. I am trying to take the majority of my classes online and then go to campus for whatever I need. Yea my son will be in high school as well if I stick to this. I've been going back and forth for about the past 4 years. If I would have stuck with it I would have gotten my Associates and be halfway through my BS already :( Crap like this irritates. I think about the time I wasted and it just eats at me.

I think I have about 6 more years of schooling and then the residency if I follow this path. If not then idk. I have ALWAYS sucked at math and my son sucks as well. Reading and lang. arts? No problem at all but math? OMG!

Quoting MissTuree:

It's weird, in high school and even up until I was about 24 I hated math too. Then out of nowhere it just clicked for me. Now it is definitely my easy class.

I'm 27. I've taken classes here and there since I was 19, I just started going full time a year and a half ago. I'll get my Associates this summer and then move to a 4 year in the fall for my BS. Strictly on the school standing I have about 6 1/2 years of school left. From there I will have about 4 years in a resident program.

Sure, I'll be 40 by the time I start practicing and I will still be in college when my son is in high school. It's well worth it though, if I gave up on this dream I would never forgive myself. It's never too late to start your dream!

Quoting SexyDiva19:

Quoting MissTuree:

Single Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts