Single Moms

Featured Posts
mylilgooberpea
Do any of you own your own home?
January 5, 2013 at 12:43 PM
? Im thinking of taking that step. Only problem is I have nothing down. Is it possible?

Replies

• LifeCafe42
    January 5, 2013 at 12:48 PM
    I was lucky to have inherited a down I bought a house in the mountains so cheaper check for first time buyer incentives
  • LauraMH
    by LauraMH
    January 5, 2013 at 12:52 PM

I do. I used $3000 of my tax money as a down payment and had the sellers pay closing cost. They agreed to a certain amount and it was over what they actually were so I got a check for over $800 at the closing table.

My house is very small, on a busy (main) road, but it is in an amazing school district. This May I will have owned it for 4 years now. It may be the ugliest house around but it's MINE and I LOVE it!!!

Good luck mama! It can be scary but totally worth the investment!

• mylilgooberpea
    January 5, 2013 at 8:08 PM
    I live in a farmer area and I believe I qualify for the usda financing, but im sitting down with a mortgage company and seeing whats out there... I have a house in mind, but not too excited until im pre aproved for something first. Then ill seriously start looking at my possible options. Its a good idea to use my tax return! Its coming up here in a couple of months.... Thanks Lauramh for the awesome idea. I wont have that much but its a good use of the funds. The opinions im getting are split between generations the older is saying jump on it now. The younger (mostly my friends) are saying rent for a little while longer. Just need to weigh my options.

• Barblicious
    January 6, 2013 at 1:39 AM

I own my house. 

Think of it like this, rent goes entirely to someone's elses pocket, but with a mortgage, you are only paying interest to the bank, the rest is really going in your pocket as principle. It is a great investment, if you can get a good interest rate. I know there is fear of the economy tanking, and housing values dropping, and that is probably the fear people have, but who knows what will happen in the futrure. Good luck.

• Lulu295
    by Lulu295
    January 6, 2013 at 2:20 AM
    You can do FHA. 3 percent down. First home buyers. Message me if you need help. I'm a lawyer. I can help you.

Single Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN