Single Moms

Featured Posts
Cafe AmyS
Did you make any healthy resolutions for 2013?
January 3, 2013 at 12:01 PM

I saw this in The Stir - What are your health resolutions?

Jennie Garth Lost 30 Pounds Thanks to This One Thing She Did Every Day

Posted by Adriana Velez on January 2, 2013  

jennie garth health magazine2012 was a challenging year for Jennie Garth, but she has a lot to be proud about. She got through a divorce with former husband Peter Facinelli and is building a new life with her daughters. Garth also lost 30 pounds -- but that accomplishment wasn't about getting skinny. She got healthier this year.

Jennie spent years yo-yo dieting. In this month's Health magazine, she says, "My biggest regret is putting my body through fad diets: Atkins, cleanses, the hCG diet. I lost like 18 pounds, but it came right back." Even worse was her "horrifying" three or four days fasting with colonics. In 2012, she tried a very healthy new strategy.

"Every day, I just renew my healthy choices," she says. She's taking her new life one day at a time. And it sounds like this approach is really working for her. "I feel really good about myself now, and I don't want to do anything to change that."

Instead of torturing herself with crazy cleanses, Jennie is eating "clean" and exercising five days a week the fun way -- kickboxing and hiking with her dogs. The fitness routine makes her feel stronger and more confident. I also know that exercise can help an incredible amount in fighting off divorce (or other) depression. Can I say that strongly enough? Exercise! Will fight! Divorce depression!

She also keeps a list of things that make her happy on her iPhone -- don't you love that idea? On the face of it, that doesn't seem directly related to weight loss and getting fit. But I think it fits in well with her overall approach to just plain living better. It's a more holistic approach. I may try it myself.

Do you have any healthy resolutions for this year?

Replies

• CHATTYGIRL38
    January 3, 2013 at 6:27 PM

no I didn't. I don't stick to them when I do.

• steviechick
    January 4, 2013 at 10:07 AM

I have joined a gym for only $15/month.  Actually looking forward to slimming down a wee bit and getting back to running 2-3 miles/per day in a few months.

Single Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts