Single Moms

Featured Posts
alc4evermom
When to introduce boyfriend to my son
January 3, 2013 at 7:11 AM
We've been together for about six months and one day I started thinking to myself, I have really fallen in love with this guy. I wonder if I'll ever meet his mother---the next day he asked! But kids are a big step. My last relationship became so crazy---and this guy is the total opposite--- I am not sure how to ask him when or if he wants to meet my son. Any advice on knowing when it's time?

Replies

• Mommyto2LilMen
    January 3, 2013 at 8:44 AM
    Only you 2 can decide. You need to be ready for him to meet your child and he has to be ready to meet your child. Good luck.
  • victoriahearts
    January 3, 2013 at 10:51 AM

I think if you are asking the question you aren't ready for him to meet your son, you have to have that gut feeling that "yes I'm ready " to do this and once you truly have no reservations about the situation discuss it with the man you are dating to see if he is ready and once both you are the same page, start off small with your son.

• brieri
    by brieri
    January 3, 2013 at 1:48 PM

Only you know that answer. 

• happymom4444
    January 3, 2013 at 8:10 PM

You should wait. If this guy is "the right one" then he will be patient and wait until you are ready. You can protect your feelings, and so can this guy, but your son is still a kid and vulnerable. Don't introduce him until things get super serious, like talks about "marriage" and all that.

• larissacst
    January 3, 2013 at 10:10 PM

My guy met mine I believe 7 months after being together. But that was a lunch at CiCi's pizza. My kid didn't stay at the table for more than 5 minutes to scarf down some pizza. At Christmas we hung out at his house for a few hours before doing the visit family thing. Then on New Years we spent the night. By that time my BF and I had been together almost 10 months

• crystaljem04
    January 3, 2013 at 10:37 PM

I think you should do something small or something public now cause what if you wait and your both ready for the next big step or marriage and they don't get along? You just waisted ur time and it'll hurt emotionally for both of you!

• alc4evermom
    January 3, 2013 at 10:47 PM
    Yeah I might bring it up in the near future. I actually believe that they would get along great!! My cat that always hates guys absolutely loves my boyfriend, and my boyfriend who has never liked cats loves my Cat! He passed the crazy cat test lol

Quoting crystaljem04:

I think you should do something small or something public now cause what if you wait and your both ready for the next big step or marriage and they don't get along? You just waisted ur time and it'll hurt emotionally for both of you!

• crystaljem04
    January 3, 2013 at 10:50 PM

lol thats good cats are hard to win over, i wish the best of luck and hope it all works out!!

• raegan1221
    January 3, 2013 at 10:52 PM

When you know for sure that this guy is "the one". You just don't want guys in and out, kwim? That's just me though. My son has met my boyfriend only...we've been together over 3 years and plan to get married. In fact, I have his daughter and my son at my house right now..they're having a sleep over:). We were together 8 months before either one of us meet each others kids.

• LifeCafe42
    January 4, 2013 at 2:17 AM
    Agreed

Quoting Mommyto2LilMen:

Only you 2 can decide. You need to be ready for him to meet your child and he has to be ready to meet your child. Good luck.

Single Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN