Single Moms

Featured Posts
mrsary
I am afraid of commitment and will probably always be single...
by mrsary
December 27, 2012 at 2:17 PM

It bothers me, but once I get feelings I run the other way. I can't help it. I was married, but we werent serious like that. Just cut it off with someone I was growing feelings for. *sigh*

Replies

• grneyedormom
    December 27, 2012 at 2:20 PM
    I totally understand how you are feeling I am pretty much the same way!
  • otoole
    by otoole
    December 27, 2012 at 6:23 PM

i hear you mama. its not easy

• Diva504
    by Diva504
    December 27, 2012 at 10:15 PM

The one thing we do not want is to get hurt again. What I have found in dating for the past couple of years after my divorce is that they play alot of games. Unfortunately, I am the one who will give my heart just to find out they are not feeling the same. Unfortunately, I have distance myself and have the same stance as you.

• Barblicious
    December 29, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Yup. I had my heart ripped out by my daughter's father and I simply can not let down the walls and let anyone in. I am terrified to care about a man again for fear of being hurt again, even in the slightest. I am so happy with everything in my life, I can't imagine allowing some man to mess me up emotionally. I have trust issues now and can't allow myself to get close. 

• mhaney03
    December 29, 2012 at 1:01 AM
    I do not fear it (I think) but I have yet to find a man worthy to commit to. I'd rather be single than settle.
  • Childofares
    December 29, 2012 at 1:06 AM

I'm growing to be OK with the realization I will probably always be single. I've always been a loner when it comes to relationships. I'm always a guys friend..but they don't seem to want to date me. I'm also told I'm not aggressive enough and can be really cold. It's a bit lonely and I imagine it will get worse now that I'm already being shut out of friends lives when they go to couple things with other couples but this is the hand I've been dealt. At least for now. I also don't want just anyone. I want someone that gets me, will stand next to me, and will work with me. In the meantime I just have the precious years with my son which fills up any lonely spots and brings me joy.

• Barblicious
    December 29, 2012 at 1:08 AM

Interesting, because I feel like any man I meet I would have to just settle for, as I don't think I can have what I want - in terms of the attraction and the passion and the deep sense of love. So there is the rock and hard place. 

Quoting mhaney03:

I do not fear it (I think) but I have yet to find a man worthy to commit to. I'd rather be single than settle.

• Shaybay218
    December 29, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Agreed!

Quoting Barblicious:

Yup. I had my heart ripped out by my daughter's father and I simply can not let down the walls and let anyone in. I am terrified to care about a man again for fear of being hurt again, even in the slightest. I am so happy with everything in my life, I can't imagine allowing some man to mess me up emotionally. I have trust issues now and can't allow myself to get close. 

• Mama_Gillogley
    December 29, 2012 at 2:19 AM

i am so messed up in this area it's terrifying. i pick the craziest of the crazies! the biological father of my son was a man i did not know and did not WANT to know, EVER. okay the wine is typing for me now... but seriously, i'm so messed up i'm spending my ALL of my energy on my little boy cuz he needs it right now. When he's all grown up and *hopefully* stable, then maybe i can date again, but for now... dude i think i'm giving up.

• veganistic
    December 29, 2012 at 2:43 AM
    I can totally relate. I have done that so many times! The reason my current relationship has worked out is because he liked me more than i liked him, at least at first. It made me feel really safe.

Quoting mrsary:

It bothers me, but once I get feelings I run the other way. I can't help it. I was married, but we werent serious like that. Just cut it off with someone I was growing feelings for. *sigh*

Single Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN