Single Moms

Featured Posts
After 7 months of supporting my daughter, he claims she is not his!!!
by Lyssa42
December 26, 2012 at 9:03 PM
I need to vent..... I have a 9month old babygirl! My bd has never met her once due to him living in a different state now and his excuse he cannot get off work! Although we have a history on how I got pregnant he was having an affair on his wife for a year and a half with me and I eventually got pregnant. When I first found out he had moved away to try to work things out with his wife, I was fine with that found out I was 9 1/2 weeks pregnant and having been told by a dr I wasn't able to get pregnant on my own and being 28 with a full time job I decided to keep my daughter and raise her as a single mother but when his wife found out she left him and stupid me him and I started talking again! I went up north to visit him when I was 7 1/2 months pregnant to see if him and I could be together if the spark was there. Well I decided it wasn't and told him I was not going to move up there stuck there for three weeks I hated it! Anyhow I came back and he got a new gf no one got along for a long while but he did send $100 a week because he did not want me to go through child support well I'm not stupid I knew he could stop anytime so I filed for cs back in June! Anyways a month ago he got mad at me and we are now fighting but he stopped sending money because now his daughter is not his?!?! I can't find the common sense in all this! They have not served him yet! I don't know what to do or how to think! Will they give him credit for sending money the whole time! Now since he hates me if she is his he wants to sign away rights so he doesn't have to pay! Can he do that? Any advice will be appreciated!


  • Mommyto2LilMen
    December 26, 2012 at 9:53 PM
    I know here you have to sign your rights over to someone, you can't just sign them away.
  • Lyssa42
    by Lyssa42
    December 26, 2012 at 9:57 PM
    I'm in Florida!
  • strngenough
    December 26, 2012 at 10:33 PM
    Fl is very nice to the mother. Going through divorce and will be custody/cs. Compared to other states I'm really making out. I don't see the courts being sympathetic to him.
  • strngenough
    December 26, 2012 at 10:35 PM

    Couple lawyers agree. He can sign away his rights but still has to pay.
  • brieri
    by brieri
    December 26, 2012 at 10:41 PM

     Don't know, it may be best to contact a lawyer.

  • LifeCafe42
    December 26, 2012 at 11:56 PM

    if hes on the bc hes out of luck.  you cant just sign your rights away

  • conniejo75
    December 27, 2012 at 12:01 AM
    He can sign away legal rights. But he still has to pay child support. It doesn't stop the legal obligation unless child is adopted.
  • Lyssa42
    by Lyssa42
    December 27, 2012 at 12:10 AM
    Thank you everyone! He is not on the birth certificate (he has not seen the child) but once the DNA test proves he is the father through child support he will be on the birth
  • Andrewsmom70
    December 27, 2012 at 12:28 AM
    In all honesty, it might be easier in the long run to drop child support and keep his name off the bc. Especially if he's going to let these women determine how he acts towards his child. It might be best to let him walk away without a fight.
  • EmmaZate
    December 27, 2012 at 12:34 AM
    Let him sign his rights away.... He still has to pay cs! The only way he doesn't is if you get married and someone adopts him.

Single Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts